chapter8

they walk into a speed dating bar
"Oh..this is a joke- right?" Lucy panics looking at the people before her.
"You're right. I've never gone on a date with a serial killer and you have" Nyla says and angles finishes "that would make anyone question their judgement"

Lucy was internally panicking "yeah uh..sure"Lucy nods slowly
"Look you can never truly know that you are fine until you know you can trust your judgment again.. so we are in an controlled environment so you can meet and evaluate a succession of men" Nyla explains.
"Well you can call them men" Angela jokes on smiling.

Lucy was still skeptical "look I appreciate everything you're trying to do here and actually it's fairly psychological sound.. but it's unnecessary" Lucy says trying to get out of it.
"Well..it'll be a great story for tomorrow" Nyla convinces
"you are not going to take no for an answer are you?" Lucy states looking at the two women before her.
"I'm just really committed to getting you to say yes" Nyla smiles brightly
Lucy huffs and looks around "okay.yes fine"

"great..okay we will be sitting over there drinking" Angela says pulling out alcohol and smirking.
"yeah no..if I'm doing this so are you guys..can't have a control study with out independent data otherwise how would I know my judgment is sound?" Lucy questions
"She's got a point" Nyla agrees in defeat.

"Don't make me pull the buried alive card" Lucy smirks and Angela takes a long swig of her drink and sighs "screw it I'm in" she says
"You ready?" Nyla asks and Lucy rubs her hands together "can I have a drink?" She asks Angela pointing towards her bottle, Angela agrees and Lucy takes a long swig and they all head off to speed dating.

Lucy sits with a few people asking very odd and intrusive questions but it was because she needed to convince her self she knows how to trust her judgment.
The night came to an end and a man she spoke to came up to her "oh you have a string coming from her jumper" he says and goes to grab it.
The string was above her tattoo, everything came back to her..she panicked and grabbed his arm and flipped him over creating a scene.

"Hey hey..it's okay it's okay" Nyla and Angela say kneeling next to Lucy who was still fighting the man to the floor.
Lucy stood up and Angela grabbed the man "you should really learn not to touch a women with asking but you know you don't need to make a thing of it right" Angela says to the man dragging him away from the scene.

"Are you okay..what happened?!" Nyla asks shocked
Lucy was speechless and panicky, she looked around and storms out. She gets into her car and drives home to her daughter.

She arrives infront of her house and she runs inside immediately slamming the door, she's sees Jackson and Violet eating pizza watching a movie, they both jumped "woah Lucy you okay" Jackson asks looking at Lucy's stressed state
"Yeah I'm fine..thanks for watching her Jackson, see you Tomorrow " Lucy says rushing Jackson out.

"Mom.."Violet asks scared
"Honey I'm fine..just get sorted for bed okay-I'm...I'm going to bed" Lucy says locking the door and heading to her bedroom.
Violet sighs..she wants her mom to be her normal self again. Violet tidys up the living room and also heads to bed.