7 ➟ Red

Once the girl had left to pack her things, all eyes went to Taehyun, accompanied by teasing smirks

"Jaehyun?"

Beomgyu nudged his arm playfully, grinning as if he were reading a particularly fluffy scene in a romance novel, to which Taehyun simply rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, leaning against the van wall.

"Have you met her before? Why didn't you tell us about her?"

Yerin moved to Beomgyu's side, eyes wide with curiosity as she showered Taehyun with questions. His eyes fluttered open and he looked down to her with a ghost of a smile on his face.

"I just met her when I left to get the job listing. She asked my name and I panicked."

"Asking your name? That sounds like she might have been sending you a signal."

Beomgyu stated with raised brows, sharing a certain glance with Yerin, who nodded and continued.

"She's pretty too. Why don't you ask her out?"

Taehyun scoffed, thinking back to the interaction.

She probably would have gone through with her threat if he had decided to ask her out then.

He shook his head, scattering the undignifying memory from his head as if it were simply water droplets clinging to his hair. A grin grew on Yeonjun's face when he saw this.

"You thought about it, didn't you?"

"What?"

"I saw you considering it. You like her, don't you?"

Taehyun sighed, beginning to feel a strange essence of discomfort about the whole situation. Something about the suddenness of her entrance into their lives made his brow furrow and lips purse.

Whatever was going through the other members' minds about Jieun, was nothing more than an unbelievable facade to Taehyun.

=

Almost exactly two hours after she left, Soobin announced that he could see Jieun approaching from the window.

When they let her in, the first thing that Taehyun noticed was the small, almost unnoticeable red stain close to the corner of her mouth. It didn't take a genius to see it was blood, and it didn't take a hypnotist to remember that it wasn't there when she left the van earlier.

Despite the fact that nobody else had noticed the small detail - she managed to wipe it off, leaving Taehyun as the only witness - her lack of explanation brought a fresh layer to the already building suspicion in his mind.

She was keeping secrets. No matter how small, it seemed like an additional reason that they shouldn't trust her.

They all sat down when the van started moving, Yeonjun, Yerin and Beomgyu clinging to each other as a result of the lack of seatbelts. Taehyun seemed comfortable enough sitting in a corner on his own, knees accompanied by his elbows.

He couldn't help but keep an eye on Jieun holding her single bag of luggage close to herself in the corner furthest from the rest of them. As soon as the engine coughed to life, she had closed her eyes and leaned her head back.

How peculiar it seemed to Taehyun.

Jieun rested just like any other person, like she wasn't hiding her true intentions from the rest of the team.

Taehyun didn't tend to be the person to push his nose into other people's business, or to be as mistrusting as he was proving himself. Something about the way she was acting now was different to the side of her he had seen when she took the sheet from him.

His initial hint of interest in the girl had undoubtedly grown into a more actively suspicious way of paying attention to her.

Taehyun had to dig deeper into this, and if anyone knew about reading people, it was Beomgyu, TXT's murder specialist.

SHORT BUT MY ATTENTION SPAN IS SHORTER
what you think's gonna happen next??

a vote is highly appreciated <33