𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

HONEYMOON GONE WRONG

IT WAS RAINING HEAVILY when Jacob Black rushed into Sam's house almost frantically, searching for the young vampire who'd taken up residence there. Passing Jared, who was eating something in the kitchen after just coming back from his patrol, he was pointed towards the stairs.

He found Talullah in the guest room, the door wide open as he surveyed the sight before him. The brunette was wearing a shirt that was way too big for her, her head resting in Sam's lap as she looked up at him while he read to her.

Jacob didn't believe all the fuss about imprints — thought it was a bunch of bullshit, really. So as much as it killed him to say it, no being on this earth could convince him that those two weren't meant to be together.

Jacob had never seen the man act like this before, so gently as his hands carded through Talullah's hair. He didn't want to break up the moment they seemed to be having, but what was happening at the Cullen residence was of utmost importance. So, after lingering in the doorway and neither of them catching into his presence yet, he knocked harshly on the doorframe.

Both of them looked at him at the same time, Sam setting down the book in his hand to address the boy. "What's going on?"

"I need Talullah to come with me to the Cullens place."

Sam outright growled at that, making Talullah sit up with a confused look pointed at Jacob. "Absolutely not," came Sam's short yet final reply.

Jacob pulled his lip back in agitation. "Bella's asking for her," he emphasized, now turning his attention fully on Talullah with a pleading glance, "I wouldn't ask if it wasn't serious, you know that."

Talullah saw the desperation in the boy's eyes and promptly turned to Sam, looking for a second opinion. She had no idea why she was wanted by the Swan girl, considering the last time she saw her was in the clearing after the newborn army's attack. Although his posture was now rigid, the look he gave her told her the choice was hers. She gave him a nod, reassuringly squeezing his hand in hers, and he reciprocated.

Sam then set his fiery gaze on the boy still standing in the doorway.

"If anything happens to her, Jake, I'll kill you myself."

.˚✧˚₊

After changing into some proper clothes that didn't consist of Sam's shirt and shorts, Talullah found herself getting out of Jacob's truck right outside of the Cullen residence.

It was the same as she last saw it a few weeks ago when she'd dropped off Aro's gift, but the energy surrounding the home seemed sullen yet... somehow volatile too. The familiar face of the coven's leader greeted them at the front door with a small smile on his face.

"The mundane life suits you, Talullah," Carlisle told her, noticing her normal clothing instead of the Volturi robes she used to wear.

She nodded in thanks, a somewhat tight smile on her face; she really didn't know how well her presence would be received, all things considered. "Bella has asked for me, yes?"

The blond man couldn't even cover up the grimace on his face no matter how hard he tried, she saw right through it and a flash of anxiousness ran through her. Carlisle led both her and Jacob, who was trailing closely behind, to a living room of sorts.

Everyone was there. All members of the Olympic coven suddenly trained their eyes on Talullah. The vampire in question couldn't gage their reactions, but no one had jumped to harm her which she perceived as a good sign.