𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

HIDEAWAY

"THE KING OF VAMPIRES IS GONNA BE COMING AFTER YOU and you're telling me to calm down?"

Talullah wore an agitated look on her face that almost twisted into a grimace as she looked at the pacing man.

The pair had still been holed up in Talullah's small bedroom when she'd finally come to her senses, had been holding onto Sam's hand with a mighty grip, and told him of what was going on. Of course, Sam already had his own questions on why she missed their usual meeting time and why she forewent coming to Forks using a cloned vessel, but he hadn't expected the answer he got from her.

"You're acting like he's coming for you," she almost snapped, nails pressing into her marble skin where small cracks appeared, "will you stop pacing so much?"

Despite the revelation that the two of them were bound by a mate bond established by some higher power, Talullah still found his concern over her well-being to be unfathomable. When she had tried downplaying the severity of the situation, that's when Sam's pacing began.

She thought he was going to wear out the creaky floorboards with his repetitive movement, watching from her place on the small bed as he halted for a moment.

Sam paused, turning incredulously. "Oh, I'm so sorry that this is my reaction to finding out the girl I love is being hunted," he retorted, sarcasm dripping in his once serious tone, "being hunted by the king of vampires, did I mention that?"

"Kings, really, but yeah," she replied, resting her chin on her knee that was propped up and inwardly revelling in his statement, "several times."

"And I'll say it several more if I need to... Fuck, Talullah, this is serious."

Hearing him say her name aloud made her preen, and she couldn't stomp down the expression that slipped onto her face fast enough. Turning her head towards the window, the curtains being opened earlier by Sam to make sure nothing was out of place when Mr Eubanks returned, she sighed out.

"Aro can't get me if he can't find me," she stated, biting her lip subconsciously as she thought back on Demetri's warning to her. She knew she wouldn't be safe hiding with the Cullens, or hiding within the home she grew up in that she was almost positive that Aro knew about. So, where would she go? Would she run or-

Sam was in front of her instantly, and the brunette almost thought his reflexes were faster than hers. He stared down at her firmly, unblinking as though he knew exactly what she was thinking. "You're not leaving, not again."

There was desperation in his tone beneath the finality of his statement. He'd be damned if she just walked right back out of his life and knew that even more separation between them would kill him. But, Talullah shook her head defiantly, "I literally have no other options, Sam." She knew she'd have a better chance of surviving Aro's wrath on the run, rather than wait around like a sitting duck.

It was quiet for a beat before Sam piped up. "Would they ever think you'd hunker down with wolves?" he asked, lips quirking upward as he saw the gears starting to turn in her mind. "Our scent would throw them off; you'd be safer with us." With me, he wanted to say.

The answer was no, Aro would never expect Talullah to seek sanctuary in their kind's most natural enemy, and she knew that. "I can't ask you to do that," she whispered out, head downturned as she picked at the fabric of her cloak.