will you?

(the orginal title was going to be will you)

As the warm rays of the morning sun filtered through the curtains, Aaron and Oliver found themselves preparing for a special day ahead. Aaron's parents, eager to spend time with their grandchildren, had graciously offered to babysit while the couple embarked on a hike through the picturesque trails near their home.

With a sense of anticipation tingling in the air, Aaron and Oliver gathered their hiking gear, exchanging excited glances as they imagined the adventures that awaited them. As they bid farewell to Lily, Ethan, and Nathan, Aaron's parents enveloped the children in hugs, their faces radiant with love and affection.

With the children in safe hands, Aaron and Oliver set off on their hike, the crisp morning air invigorating their spirits as they ventured deeper into the heart of nature. The trail wound its way through towering trees and babbling brooks, the serene beauty of the landscape a soothing balm for their souls.

As they walked hand in hand, Aaron couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation that fluttered in his chest. Today felt different somehow, imbued with a sense of possibility and promise that set his heart racing with excitement.

Finally, as they reached a clearing overlooking a breathtaking vista, Aaron knew that the moment had come. With trembling hands, he reached into his pocket, the small velvet box nestled within burning a hole in his palm.

Turning to face Oliver, Aaron's heart swelled with love as he gazed into the depths of his partner's eyes. In that moment, surrounded by the beauty of nature and the boundless expanse of the sky above, Aaron knew that he was ready to take the next step in their journey together.

"Oliver," he began, his voice steady despite the butterflies that danced in his stomach. "From the moment I met you, my life has been filled with more love and joy than I ever thought possible. You are my rock, my anchor, my everything."

Tears glistened in Oliver's eyes as he listened to Aaron's words, his heart overflowing with emotion at the depth of his partner's love. With a gentle smile, Aaron dropped to one knee, the velvet box held out before him as he poured his heart out to the man he cherished above all else.

"Oliver, will you marry me?" he asked, his voice trembling with emotion as he waited for Oliver's response.

In that moment, time seemed to stand still as Oliver gazed down at the man he loved, his heart bursting with love and joy. With tears streaming down his cheeks, he reached out to take Aaron's hand, his voice choked with emotion as he whispered the words that would change their lives forever.

"Yes, Aaron," he replied, his voice barely more than a whisper as he threw his arms around his partner, pulling him close in a tight embrace. "Yes, a thousand times yes."

And as they stood there, surrounded by the beauty of nature and the promise of a future filled with love and laughter, Aaron slipped the ring onto Oliver's finger, sealing their love with a promise that would last a lifetime