25. Venting

Jungkook sat on the edge of his bed. Thinking of what to tell Taehyung. For the past hour he had been rehearsing what he wanted to say to Tae but nothing seemed right.

"Taehyung, you've been my best friend for as long as I can remember and you're so amazing but I've come to the realization that you're... you're...you are?..." Jungkook groaned in frustration, grabbing his hair in the process.

"Why is this so difficult" Jungkook sighed before shaking his head and trying again, standing up and walking to his mirror.

"Taehyung, you are the most amazing person I have ever met, you make me so fucking happy to the point that I don't even know what to do, and i know I've been a jerk lately but you deserve to know that I don't wanna be with you, even though I love you so fucking much- UGHH! nope, too cringy" Jungkook said as he flopped onto his bed, groaning.

"C'mon, you've got this Jungkook" he muttered as he gave himself a slap on the cheek.

"Taehyung, I know I've been a serious asshole but I want you to know that I like you-"

"Jungkook hunny!" Ms. Jeon called out as she walked into his room.

"Mom!" Jungkook shouted in embarrassment.

"What?"

"How long have you been out there?"

"I just walked in, why? what were you doing?"

"Nothing! Just.. practicing"

"Practicing for what?"

"Nothing important, um... What'd you come in here for?.."

"Well I came to tell you that namjoon is here"

Jungkook looked a bit confused, it had been a while since he had spoken to either of him.

"Umm, tell him to come here" Jungkook said as he  started fixing up his room"

"Alrighty, bye hunny, call me over if you need anything"

Jungkook nodded before he sat back onto his bed, rubbing his face. Everything feels so complicated.

"Jungkook"

"Hey namjoon"

"How are you?" Namjoon hesitantly asked.

"...Things have been better"

Namjoon laughed a little.

"You could say that again"

"What about you? How are things with you and Jin?"

"Amazing actually, we are already talking about moving in together once we're out of school"

"Damn I forgot you guys are juniors already"

"Time flies by" namjoon said as he sat on the edge of Jungkooks bed.

"So, why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk to you, it's been a while, and most of the friend group is taking Taehyung, or Jimin and Yoongi's side, but I think that's stupid"

"Whose side are you on?"

"No one's, I think that the way everything played out is ridiculous, there really shouldnt be any sides, all of you fucked up"

"Not Taehyung, he was the one who just got hurt by everything"

"Taehyung didn't tell you when he first found out they were cheating, he messed up too"

"But he tried to fix it"

"And so did Yoongi and Jimin" namjoon said as he looked Jungkook in the eye, no emotion peaking through.

"What did they do?"

"They apologized, I know it's not much but they've been sucking up to Taehyung ever since that stupid dare, and they have been trying to do that for you too but you're making it difficult"

"I don't want them to suck up to me!"

"What do you want then?"

"I-i want Jimin back!" Jungkook shouted.

"I don't think you actually want Jimin back, Jungkook, I think you want the idea of Jimin back"

"You don't know anything!"

"I know you know Taehyung likes you, and I know you've been thinking a lot about that, and I'm pretty sure you're finally realizing that you are stupidly in love with him"

"W-what?"

"Jimin told us he told you about Taehyungs crush, and Taehyung told us he talked to you, and I'm studying psychology, do you really think I wouldn't notice your behavior?"

"...what do I do?" Jungkook asked as his voice cracked.

"What do you want?"

"I don't know! I love Taehyung, he's my best friend, but Jimin?..."

"Why do you want Jimin back?"

"Because of the memories I have with him, we were so good together.."

"You don't wanna let go of the past, but you need to move on, have you even acknowledged how Jimin is feeling about everything?"

"N-no"

"Talk to Jimin, think for a bit, talk to Taehyung, don't do anything you'll regret"

"But-"

"Trust me Jungkook, if you find peace with Jimin the process of moving on will be much easier"

"...fine"

"I'm here for you Jungkook, whenever, I know this shit is difficult so don't keep it all to yourself."

"I know, I know but I thought you guys were all mad at me"

"Never, we're all just concerned about you"

Jungkook smiled and gave namjoon a tight hug.

"You don't know how much I needed this"

"Talk to Jimin, and soon, you might lose someone important if you don't" namjoon said with a wink and Jungkook just playfully pushed him, rolling his eyes.

"Just because I like him doesn't mean I want a relationship with him"

Namjoon shrugged.

"You never know"

Jungkook smiled, he will remember those words...