Chapter Thirty

Começar do início

       "So it is about menstruation?"

      "Do you really think people bleed that much during menstruation?"

        "I...? What?"

      "It's a beautiful piece bhaiya. I remember asking bhabhi to come see it and she was moved to tears as I was.

     What his sister and Khushi had in common was them losing a baby. He saw the photos again and now his eyes were open. He saw what it was about now.

    "I was asking,  if you were here to convince me to not marry Samrat?"

"I'm not here for that..." He stalled the conversation. It was quite uncomfortable to breech this topic with her.

"Oh is this about your divorce? Ugh...you did the worst thing by marrying Neeta... she's no match for babhi."

"It's not...and I'd rather you not comment on my marriage. Also, Khushi and I got divorced too." He said pushing his hands into his pocket.

"Bhabhi, I think,  she had her reasons...and she never treated me badly. You flew off half way across the world while she was here for me. She used to call me twice a week and she still does..."

"I know that Khushi is not a bad person and she loves you as you do her... it's just marriage with her wasn't easy... Marriage is not easy, Dishu. You have to take that into account before you enter one."

She pushed her fists on her hips, "So this is about me and Samrat?"

"No. No. I needed to tell you something."

"Okay then what is it?"

"Do you remember Shri?"

"Who?"

"Um..at you wedding last time, you asked me if I was flirting with her?"

"Oh her...why are you asking me about her? Are you involved with her?"

"Not romantically but yes...Shri is our half sister."

Drishti turned towards him slowly. "Is this a joke?"

"No." He gave her a moment to get used to the idea. His sister looked at him morosely, "So dad has another kid?"

"Mom... does."

"Mom?"

"Yes."

"Mom cheated on dad?"

"I mean is it cheating when dad was like that with her...you know what I mean..." He tried to pacify her but a heavy flush rose on her face as she grew red in anger.

"It is cheating. I never expected mom to but then it's possible since I don't remember much about her anyway..."

"Khushi mom was —" He wanted to tell her about their mother, but he realised how young she had been when their mother had died.

"Don't defend mom, right now,  please. Shri — she's not even that old. She's my age. Can you just imagine? She had me and then had her? That's disgusting!" She snapped at him.

"Mom did what she did. We can't change the past now, can we?"

"We can't but why are you here? To tell me this?"

"Shri is here, in India. She wants to meet you."

"Me? Why?" She looked surprised. "I'm not meeting her, bhaiya."

"Dishu... it's not her fault that she's born to mom. She genuinely wants to meet you and she wants us to be civil as siblings."

She made an annoying sound, "Bhaiya be serious. Does dad know? Do you have an inkling of how it's going to affect him? Especially with him in the hospital?"