🦕ྀི (𝕀𝕀)

Start from the beginning

And my classmates don't exactly make it any easier for me. In fact, I'm the one picked on in school. The number one target.

It's so easy to pick on someone and bully them for having HDP. For being easily scared, sad, nervous, and panicked.

And no one knows how many times I've tried to stand up to myself and think of snappy retorts, only to receive a rough kick to my stomach.

I've also tried ignoring. That didn't work either.

So by now, everyone knows me as the Nerd, the Teacher's Pet, the Nobody, and the Bullies' Target.

I'm also the loner. Everyone in school swerves to avoid me, even though I try my best to be friendly, outgoing, and fun-hearted. But little does everyone know that misery is slowly eating me up.

I have no friends to help me. To understand me. To go to when I'm feeling down.

Except for one.

And his name is Ben

[Ben POV]

I drum my sanitizer-rubbed fingers on the filthy cafeteria table nervously. Then I snatch it away, remembering how filthy it can be during this peak time in the area.

Where is she? I thought we'd agreed on the time of 12:00, just after class. I even saved my last chocolate chip cookie for her.

She's not in trouble, is she? I sure hope not.

Maybe I should go find her...

But just at that moment, Y/N suddenly strides into the cafeteria, her feet purposefully walking to the table I'm sitting on, her head down in a submissive way.

Oh dear. I wonder what'd happened.

"Are you okay?" I softly ask her once she takes her seat beside me on the hard, wooden bench.

She turns to me with a smile plastered on her face, but it looks like a fake, shaky one "What do you mean by that?"

Her HDP is acting up again.

"I know something's bothering you," I firmly say.

She sighs, and her phony smile drops, as well as her gaze.

"What is it?" I urge her soothingly. "You know I'm always here."

"I got into a little trouble with Mrs. Smith a while ago, but she just let it slide." Y/N explains glumly. "And my body overreacted again. You know, sweat dripped down and stuff."

"So? That's not so bad, is it?" I frown slightly in confusion.

"Yeah, but Hannah called me a Teacher's Pet, just like she always does. And the whole class heard it. I bet they'd make my life hell now." She says, and I see a few tears threaten to fall from her E/C eyes. "More hell-like than it already is. And I know I probably won't be able to handle it very well, considering my... disorder."

Oh no. I hate seeing my best friend upset.

"It's always that rotten Hannah Malone." I mutter, anger brewing in my chest. "Why does she have to keep picking on you?"