Part Two: I hate when you do that

☀︎︎sometimes I wish I left you on Mars, because I'm not ready to face you.

𝑨 𝑸𝑼𝑰𝑪𝑲 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 𝑶𝑵 𝑴𝑨𝑹𝑺 💥

The breaks to Taehyung's 1980 Monte Carlo car came to a halt as he pulled up in front of the diner. He always did have a thing for vintage cars. With his window rolled down, his blonde hair blew softly along with the passing breeze. Dressed in denim washed jeans and a black t-shirt, his favourite necklace was securely around his neck. His finger softly yet rhythmically tapped against the steering wheel while he waited.

Pushing the door open, Nova lugged her suitcase out the doorway as she stepped out. Letting the door to the diner shut itself behind her. Nova paused her steps as she stared at Taehyung's car. Behind the milky clouds the sun shined over the streets. Light rays of sunlight were starting to peak through.

Standing in place, Nova's hazel eyes met Taehyung's dark brunette ones. They say there are times, when conflict between two people is far more internal than the eye can see.

And so, without a word, Taehyung unbuckled his seatbelt and pushed the car door open. Strolling over to Nova, she took a slight step back when he reached down and effortlessly lifted up her suitcase. While he was busy opening his trunk, Nova took it upon herself to open the car door and seat herself comfortably. Once he was done with her suitcase, Taehyung followed suit; shutting the door and immediately backing out into the main road.

The ride through the city was.....interesting. Nova silently looked out the window, watching the buildings and cars fly past. The town she had been apart of her whole life, was suddenly being left behind.

Holding onto the steering wheel, Taehyung focused his gaze on the road ahead. Silently anticipating what's to come as he drove down the street. The town he had been apart of his whole life, was finally being left behind.

After some time as the journey continued. Taehyung reached forward and turned up the radio station; letting the music play loudly. Nova glanced up at the volume briefly before looking down at her notebook she had been writing in.

And so, Nova then reached forward and turned the radio all the way down. Clenching his jaw, Taehyung continued to look at the road ahead. Returning to her notebook, Nova had a habit of repeatedly clicking her pen any time she paused to think about what she wanted to write.

Taehyung hated that. He hated the sound of the clicking over and over again. He hated how she was never phased by the irritating sound. Every time he heard a click, his eyes would briefly glance to the side, watching her finger hover over the top of the pen to click.

As she thought to herself, Nova's attention was partially focused on the sound of Taehyung opening up a snack for himself. Nova hated that. She hated how obnoxiously loud he would eat. She hated how he'd always smack his lips and crunch loudly. Her eyes discreetly glanced to the side of her, watching him as her brows furrowed.

Click click click

Crunch crunch crunch

Sighs of irritation left both their mouths as their internal conflict continued. Taehyung's obnoxious eating, made Nova click her pen more excessively the more irritated she grew. Just as Taehyung would crunch louder to drown out the frustrating noise of her pen. The two were clearly reaching a boiling point. Letting out huffs and throwing glares at one another. Till the moment Taehyung stopped at a red light and the two frowned and in unison said...

"I hate when you do that." Finally breaking their ever long silence....