Prologue

┍━━━━━━━━━━»•» 🌺 «•«━┑

"It too shall pass."

┕━»•» 🌺 «•«━━━━━━━━━━┙

"I'm sorry. Please Stop!" She cried.

"Don't worry, my child. It'll all be over soon." He said to her.

"No." She struggled to lift her head up. She was weak. Out of Strength. Had no energy at all.

He said nothing.

She was sitting there. Fixated on a chair. In an experimental lab. Yelling at the man standing in front of her to stop. To stop torturing her. Fluid pipes emitting from the machine behind her ended at the point just below her jaw, adding something into her system, making her weaker and weaker but something inside her stronger and stronger.

He stood there, holding a remote of some sort. A device to control the machine. He wore a lab coat, spectacles rested on his nose while he studied the girl.

Why? She thought. What did I do to deserve this?

Indeed. What did she do? What did she have? Only she and the man in front of her knew and still know about this. No one else did.

──•~❉᯽❉~•──

There was shouting, yelling.

"Don't move or we'll shoot." A man in black, holding a rifle said while he entered the lab right after the door was blasted open.

"Now, now. Where is she?" Another man entered behind the many men and asked. Two boys, almost fifteen years of age, followed him inside.

One a little shorter than the other, wearing a leather jacket on top of a white shirt and a hat atop his orange haired head while the other who had brown hair, wore a suit, his trench coat draped over his shoulders and bandages covered his hands, neck and even his right eye.

"How should we know, Boss?" The orange haired boy said.

"She must be here somewhere. Please look around." The Boss said.

The men started searching. The brunette stayed silent and watched the scene in front of him.

"Where are you going, Dazai?" The boss asked the brunette when he was about to leave the experiment lab.

"I'll be back." He replied without even bothering to look over at his boss and left the lab to his boss, his orange headed partner and the other men.

The evil scientist had managed to escape. And apparently, so did the girl.

──•~❉᯽❉~•──

She couldn't have gone far. He thought to himself as he walked down the street into the dark alleys and out of them to look for what his boss wanted.

Footsteps.

Of course, he was keen. He was vigilant. He noticed.

He turned to face the source of the sound. Someone stood there. In the dark. In that alley, he thought it wouldn't be worth searching. But she was there.

He did not say a word and held a hand out while he stared at her. Into her soul.

She took a step back, wanting to escape from the blocked and dead ended dark alley.

"Hey..." He finally opened his mouth. "We won't hurt you. You can come with us willingly or we will have to force you to come with us."

She did not respond. She took another step back.

"Look." He sighed. "We won't hurt you. We just need to know what you have. We need to learn more about your ability. Your deadly strength. You have to come with us. You will only fit with us. The Port Mafia is where you belong."

He tried to be reassuring but she was so frightened that it did not affect her. She didn't believe a word that people said to her.

Her trust was so broken.

Shattered.

Into a million.

Billion.

Trillion pieces.

"You can trust us." He said, holding his hand out for her to take, trying to sound as soft as he could. The exact opposite of who he was.

She turned around.

"Wait!" He yelled.

She dashed.

"Stop!"

She disappeared.

Huh? He was in shock. His eyes widened with surprise. He, who never showed any emotion, he who was never fazed by anything at all, was in shock. Utter shock because of what the girl had done. Vanished into thin air.

"Oi, Dazai!" The orange haired man yelled and came from behind him. "We can't find her. The boss says we must leave before the cops show up. They are just a mile away."

Dazai did not move.

"Dazai, move. We need to leave."

"Yeah, fine. I'll be there, Chūya." Dazai spoke up. "It's not like they can get me anyways." He murmured before he made his way out of the valley and walked in a direction opposite to where his group and people were. Walking somewhere on his own.

"Fine, whatever, jackass." Chūya made his way to the cars to get away before the police could arrive.

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧