I'll always protect you

No one's POV:
Branch walked towards Poppy's pod, excited for their date. This was their 11 month anniversary, and Branch had a very special surprise for Poppy.

He knocked on the door, but got no response. He tried knocking harder, thinking Poppy had just fallen asleep. Still no response.

Branch grabbed the spare key Poppy had given him, and unlocked the door. He walks into Poppy's pod, but he doesn't see her anywhere.

Branch starts to get really worried about where Poppy might be. What if someone took her? What if she got lost and is hurt in the forest? A million different bad scenarios ran through his head.

He suddenly remembers the one place Poppy might be.

Branch runs out of her pod and into the forest, hoping he's right.

Branch makes it to the clearing, and he immediately settles, because he sees Poppy near the small lake. He's about to walk up to her, but he hears her sniffling, and small sobs escape her mouth.

What happened to make her feel this way? Branch thinks to himself. Well, only one way to find out.

Branch walks over to where Poppy is sitting, and sits down next to her.

"Hey."

Poppy suddenly looks up, realizing Branch is next to her.

"Oh, hey."

Poppy tries to make it seem like she wasn't crying, but obviously, Branch already knew.

"You okay? You weren't at your pod when I went there earlier."

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Branch gives Poppy a knowing look, knowing that she's not fine.

"No, you're not. I can tell you've been crying a lot. Just tell me what's wrong."

At that, Poppy just snaps. She starts sobbing into Branch's chest. Branch just gently runs his hand over her back, trying to comfort her.

"Shh, it's okay. You wanna tell me what's wrong, now?"

Poppy slowly nods and sits up, still letting out sobs.

"I-I guess I just started thinking about how it's already been almost one year since we united all of the different kinds of trolls, a-and that made me think about how precious time is."

"And that made you cry?"

"N-no, but that me think about..."

"About what?"

"About how I don't know I'm gonna be able to live without you once you're gone!!"

Poppy then starts sobbing again. Branch can't believe his ears. Poppy's already thinking about something that won't happen for a long time.

"Hey, hey. Look at me."

Branch gently cups Poppy's face in his hand.

"Two things. First, I'm not going anywhere, and I won't be going anywhere for a long, long time."

Poppy slightly smiles at this.

"And second. I promise you, no matter how far I am from you, I'll always protect you, and I'll always love you. Even after I'm gone, I'll always be with you."

Poppy smiles at this.

"Thank you, Branch."

"Of course, Poppy. Now, you ready to go?"

"Actually, is it okay if we stay here? It's really peaceful here, and I'm with you, and that's all that matters on a date to me."

"Sure, we can stay. But, I have two things to give you first."

"Okay."

Branch pulls something out of his hair, and Poppy gasps. It's a beautiful silver ring with a diamond on the end.

"No, I'm not proposing, yet. But this is a promise ring. And as long as you wear it, you promise to always be with me, forever."

"Oh, Branch, I love it."

Branch slowly slides the ring onto Poppy's finger, and she just sits there, admiring it.

"Thank you."

"Of course."

"And the second thing?"

"Oh, yeah. I need you to close your eyes for this one."

"Ok."

Poppy closed her eyes, and Branch pulled a necklace out of his hair, and walks around to put the necklace around Poppy's neck.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Yup."

Poppy opens her eyes, and she gasps. There's a B+P necklace around her neck.

"Aww, Branch. I love it."

"I'm glad."

"I actually have something for you too."

"Ok-"

Branch suddenly gets cut off by Poppy kissing him. Branch puts his hands around Poppy's waist, deepening the kiss.

After about a minute, they part, smiling at each other.

"I love you, Branch."

"I love you too, Poppy."

They smile at each other before sharing another kiss, knowing their love will always be there.

And that's a wrap on my first oneshot! I cried sm and so hard writing this lol!! Hope u guys enjoyed!