chapter twenty five

week later

After we get home from the trip, the day right after I have to pick my parents up from the airport. I drive to the airport, Joao said he would come with me so he does and I wait for my parents.

When I see them walk out of the gate I smile and run to them and give them a hug. Joao chuckles and walks behind me, when my parents see him my dads jaw is dropped.

"esperanza tomei os meus comprimidos" my dad whispers to my mum

"aquele é o João Félix" he whispers to me "is this the surprise you had for me!"

"noo no papa he is just well- my boyfriend" I chuckel

"HUH!?" my mum gasps

"yeah so I broke up with the other guy and yeah" I chuckle scratching the back of my neck. My mum looks surprised, my dad is too busy looking at Joao.

"hello Mr oliviera- its really nice to meet you" Joao smiles shaking his hand

"call me tomas- please" he says starstruck. Joao takes their suitcase and we all walk out to the car.

"do you want to go back and rest or start exploring now?" I ask 

"now" my mum says "we slept on the plane". 

"okay" I say turning to my phone to find some place good to go. But Joao gently starts tapping on my thigh.

"hm?" I look at him

"can I take you all somewhere- its really good I promise" he whispers

"yeah of course" I smile squeezing his hand. He starts driving and I see that he is taking us to the stadium.

We all get out of the stadium and my dad is jaw dropped.

"ey Arya take some photos" he says running to me to give me his phone. I laugh as I take a bunch of photos for him and we follow Joao.

"so, I know Mr oliviera- that you are a big barcelona fan, and Mrs barbas I have something else for you after but-" Joao says

Right then he leads us into a room with all the players, and my dad has the biggest smile on his face.

"how long have you been a Barcelona fan for?" Xavi says coming up to him and shaking his hand

"since I was born- I come from a culer family" he chuckles "I played in la masia for a while and then I got acl so" 

"wait- are you that tomas?" xavi smiles "I remember you!"

"you do?" my dad raises his brows

"yeah yeah!" xavi chuckles "comemeet everyone". Xavi takes my dad away to meet everyone and I smile at my dad all happy.

"Joao this is great you didn't have to do all this aw" I say hugging him. I give him a quick kiss and thank him one more time before talking to my mum as Joao goes off with his friends for a while.