His son looked at him with sadness and pain, he made no move to attack keeping his hands covered by plum and indigo fingerless gloves, in fists at his sides. Drac stayed rooted to the spot, the idea of fighting his father felt so wrong he couldn't budge, couldn't draw even the tiniest flame, just looked at his dad wishing things were simpler, easier. That they could be a happy family.

Then Hades turned to his other child as Mal's eyes glowed green and she became encased in purple fog.

That was enough to jolt Drac from his spot. "Mal don't!" he shouted as he ran around the limo but her dragon spread it's wings and rose into the air, one wing hitting Drac and sending him flying back where he rolled over in pain. CJ, who was half in half out of the door of the limo rushed over to him and knelt by his side as Drac groaned in pain, he'd definitely have bruises.

There was a roar and Hades looked at her in awe and amazement. Mal went for the attack and Hades blasted her with the ember sending her backward in the sky but it didn't look like he was hurting her. She roared again.

"Come on Mal! Blast him." Jay cheered as Drac propped himself up on his elbows.

Mal roared again but there was no fire, the roar itself was so powerful it knocked Hades back where he somersaulted a few times before he stopped and the barrier closed. Mal landed and returned to her normal self but she looked exhausted. The rest of them got up to their feet as Ben helped Mal who was holding her stomach.

"Are you okay?" Evie asked grabbing her other side.

"No." Mal sobbed, "He was draining all of my magic with the ember, and I felt, all of my powers slipping away."

"You're safe." Evie promised her, "He's back where he belongs."

Drac felt cold inside as he watched his father turn and storm off causing the crowd to flee around him.

"Yeah for now." Mal's voice quivered.

"Come on let's go." Jay said and Mal nodded.

They helped her back to the limo and Drac held the door open again. "Mal, listen I -"

"It's okay. I know you were just trying to protect me." she said as she got in with the others. Drac paused a moment then cleared his throat.

"Yeah, that's what I was doing." he said to no one as he looked back to the Isle but couldn't catch sight of his father.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

Once they got back to the Isle Evie took over seeing the VK's to her cottage where they would be staying until the start of the school year when they would receive their dorm assignments. Mal and Ben had been immediately pulled into an emergency meeting with Beast, Belle and Fairy Godmother. Jay took CJ to check out the amphitheater where they had R.O.A.R. practice and Drac left to wander around on his own. He'd changed at Evie's since his clothes were down dusted with dirt from when he'd been thrown to the ground accidentally by Mal. He tossed off his jacket and both sweaty shirts changing into a purple tee shirt with black checkering. Purple suspenders hung along his hips slapping his legs as he walked out the door and into the trees. He had swapped his boots for dark green converse that matched his fingerless leather gloves as leaves crunched under his steps.

The woods were calming, birds were chirping, in the distance he thought he even caught sight of Bambi and Faline for a brief moment before they leapt away. Diaval stayed perched on his shoulder every now and then rubbing his beak under Drac's ear. In his mind all he could see was his father and his sister fighting. Mal's dragon form was a fierce thing, but Auradon didn't seem to mind since she fought for the side of good. But his dad. . . his dad was one of the most fearsome villains to ever exist. That was partially why his mother had tolerated him for as long as she had. But Hades had his own inner pains too. Drac hated the idea of leaving his dad alone on the Isle, it was part of why he enjoyed living there so much instead of in Auradon. Abandoning his father to be all by himself filled Drac with guilt.