And So It Began...

'"Hael... Hael! It's doing it again!" Levi called as he held the mewling creature. He loved Nagi, he really did. She had big brown eyes like her mother and the same glossy auburn hair.
"WAAAHHHHHAAAAA!" Nagi wailed.
"Shit, where is she? Shhhhhh... Shut up. Shut up! Okay, hush little brat. Please... For daddy?" Levi was desperate. Nagi had been screaming at him for half an hour now; Hael was no where to be found. She had apparently gone with Hange to train. At Levi's ignorant offer, he had been stuck on Nagi duty. For a kid named 'Calm Wind' she sure never seemed to shut up.
"EEEEAAAAHHHHHHIIIIIEEEE!"
"Rnnngggg." Levi groaned and grit his teeth.

Hael was so happy to get out of that stuffy room. That beautiful but stuffy room. Their rooms were all connected together, Levi and her room were connected on one side to his study, a common room on another and a bathroom on a third. The common room was the beside Nagi's room, which also had a currently unused bathroom.

Hael and Levi's room had a small desk and a large canopy bed dressed in burgundy and gold. A rich carpet covered the floor in all their rooms; save for the bathrooms. The small, ornate desk was covered in Hael's papers and books; Levi's stuff was in his study.

Levi's study had a larger version of the desk in their room. Bookshelves lined two of the walls; on the other two were the window and the door. His desk was in front of the window which sat opposite to the door. Everything was so clean it might have been untouched. Hael took great enjoyment of turning a book upside down or knocking a pen on the floor and seeing how long it took Levi to notice.

The bathrooms were identical. Each contained a large, porcelain, clawfoot tub with shower wrapped in a gold curtain. Washbasins with asorted soaps behind a large mirror sat on the counters and each bathroom of course had a toilet.

The common room was a sight to behold. A pair of burgundy wing-back chairs sat facing a great fireplace which they almost never lit. The mantelpiece was carved with forest scenes and woodland creatures; some mythical, some real. Behind the chairs was a great billard-balls table. Off to the side closer to Nagi's room was the biggest piano Hael had ever seen. She loved to listen to Levi play.

On their side of the common room was a long dining table of the same wood as the desks and dresser. Golden upholstered chairs sat three to a side with one on either end. A vase with dark red roses adorned the middle. Windows dominated the far wall, casting sunlight into ever corner of the room, illuminating the mantelpiece, shining off the billard-balls, making the ivory piano keys glow white.

Through a door opposite Hael and Levi's was Nagi's room. Hael had wanted to do it in pink, but Levi wouldn't allow it. After much arguing, they had decided to do it in the same colors as the rest of the rooms, mahogany wood and burgundy and gold fabrics. Nagi's overly ornate crib stood in the fore mentioned colors. A bed similar to Hael and Levi's stood in the corner. It was smaller and without a canopy but in other aspects the same. A great pile of stuffed animals lay in the corner and a bookshelf stood tall against a wall. Directly above Nagi's crib was a window.

In all of this, the only doors that lead to the halls were in Levi's study and on the right side of the fireplace in the common room.

Hael leapt down the last step and sprinted outside, ignoring the nagging ache in her hip. A soft breeze blew the smells of grass and spring towards her and she smiled. Really grinned. Hael hadn't done that in a while.

Nagi was constantly in need of attention, Levi had been (even more) infuriatingly overprotective since her accident, and Miyuki (the nurse) wouldn't leave her alone. For the first time in almost a year, Hael actually got to train... outside... not in her imagination... with Hange! It was like a dream come true!

Hael ran up behind Hange and jumped on her back, thinking to
knock her over; and would have had Hange not ducked. Hael went flying over her head and managed to hold her balance as she landed. Hael stood and turned to Hange, hands on hips, glaring. "Hello Hael!" Hange said happily.
"How did you do that? I was so quiet!" Hael complained.
Hange just laughed and said, "Quiet for a Titan maybe!"
Hael scowled and followed Hange.

Ever since Nagi was born, Hange was the only person who didn't drive Hael insane; hence, they had become friends. Hael laughed out loud thinking about Levi back at the castle with Nagi. She would eat him for dinner! "That's my girl." She muttered
"Huh?" Hange asked.
"Oh nothing... Just thinking about the great Captain Levi trying to deal with an infant!" Hael said with a laugh.
Hange's mouth twitched as she thought about it, then, all of a sudden she burst out laughing so hard she fell to the grass. Her goggles fell off.

Hael didn't know whether Levi with Nagi was more funny or if Hange's laugh was. Within a few seconds, Hael was on the ground too.

A few minutes later, she rolled over and said something like, "How did the... Haha... Nagi! *snort*... Goggles! Heheahahaaaa!"

"Tch. Please?" Levi groaned in futility. Nagi wailed again. Maybe he could bargain for his sanity? "Nagi, if you quit it I'll... I'll..." Levi tried to find something to say, what did he know how to do that would interest a kid? Clean? No. Kill Titans? Hael would kill him. Ah! "I'll teach you how to ride a horse?" He collapsed on her bed, waiting for Nagi to cry again. But she didn't. Levi got up and looked at her.

Nagi was laying in her crib with one thumb in her mouth and the other grasping a meaty foot. Her little, fat, brown haired head was cocked to the side and her big eyes twinkled. "Gah?" She seemed to ask.

Levi blinked. "Horses it is." He sighed. Nagi made a happy "Caaahhga!" sound and went to sleep.

And so it began...

----------

What's up? Long time no see, huh? I really hope you enjoy Nagi's story and that you also enjoyed my first book. If you haven't read it yet and you are alreay to here... Well I'm sorry. Spoiler alert? Anywho, please read 'Of Love and Loss: An Attack on Titan story' first. Cheesey name I know. Go forth my little Titan's, go forth and live!