✎ ✦ 𝟐𝟏 . ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞 (𝟐) ✦

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✎ ...as the lunch bell rang, An's heart raced.. she gathered her things hastily, barely able to contain her excitement. with each step towards the cafeteria, her determination grew stronger. today was the day she would finally confess her feelings to Akito, after all they went through together.

entering the bustling cafeteria, An scanned the room anxiously, searching for Akito's familiar figure. spotting him sitting with Toya and a familiar star, Tsukasa, at a table near the window, she felt a surge of nerves but pushed herself forward. This was her moment.

"c'mon, An! you can do this! you've been waiting all this time for this, haven't you!?" An mentally encouraged herself, sneaking towards the table, hearing a loud blonde trying to cheer him up, even though he was probably making the ginger even more pissed.

"come on, Akito! tell us what's the problem, won't you?" Tsukasa leaned over the table, looking generally concerned and curious. "if you do, I can show you some of my awesome poses!" Tsukasa insisted in a yell, his hand on his chest in confidence.

"well, if you have the time, of course... what am I kidding!? who doesn't have time for a star's amazing poses!?" Tsukasa laughs echoed throughout the whole lunchroom, as Akito just blinked in annoyance. "leave me alone, won't 'cha?" he sighed, taking a bite of his food.

"so, I can demonstrate to you later?" Tsukasa asked pleadingly, making Akito scoff out, "fine! just leave me alone for now, Tsukasa!"

"hey, Akito," she greeted him, trying to sound casual despite the butterflies in her stomach. everyone instantly turned to look at her, blinking curiously, which just made her heart beat get faster.

Akito looked up, surprised to see An approaching him. "oh... hey, An. what's up?" he asked, his palms growing sweaty. "is she not mad at me or something!? or is she coming here to absolutely assault me because she is mad at me?" Akito pondered nervously.

An took a deep breath, gathering her courage. "I... I need to talk to you about something," she began, her voice trembling slightly. "it's important," An finished.

Akito furrowed his brows, sensing the seriousness in her tone. "mmm... sure, what's on your mind?" he replied, giving her his full attention.

An hesitated for a moment, feeling the weight of her words. "I... I just wanted to say... I really like you, Akito," she confessed, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment but her eyes shining with sincerity.

Toya and Tsukasa's jaws dropped, feeling awkward for watching them during their romantic moment, so they sneaked over to a different table with WxS, even though Toya felt like the odd one out.

Akito's eyes widened in surprise at her confession. He opened his mouth to respond, but before he could utter a word, An continued, her words pouring out in a rush.

"I know it might seem sudden, and I'm sorry if it makes things awkward between us, but I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. You mean a lot to me, and I just had to tell you how I feel," she confessed, her heart pounding in her chest.

For a moment, there was silence as Akito processed her words. Then, a soft smile spread across his face, and he reached out to gently take An's hand in his, still extremely embarrassed.

"An, I... I had no idea you felt that way," he admitted, his eyes reflecting warmth and affection. "But I'm really glad you told me... because.... uh... you see, I feel the same way about you," Akito confessed as well, averting his eyes away from An nervously.

An's heart skipped a beat at his words, a surge of happiness flooding through her. she looked into Akito's eyes, despite him not being able to look at her directly, she could see the sincerity in his gaze, and felt a sense of relief wash over her.

"really?" she whispered, hardly daring to believe it.

"really," Akito confirmed, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze to distract him from his own awkwardness, but he didn't even notice he was really doing it.

"I've liked you for a long time, sooo..." he trailed off, before continuing, "hearing you say that... it means a lot...." he grumbled, before looking down at their intwined hands, making his cheeks set on fire and rip his hand out of her grip.

"yeah..." he finished timidly,

tears welled up in An's eyes, but this time they were tears of joy, not of the fear of rejection. she loved him, as he sure as hell loved her back, there was no denying that. she sat at the lunch table in the seat across from Akito in a comfortable silence, feeling the warmth of his presence. finally, her heart felt truly fulfilled, Akito's too.

a few days later...

"hey, Akito. where's An?" Toya asked, sitting across from Akito at a booth in Ken's cafe. "oh, she's coming soon," Akito answered, putting his phone in his pocket. "running late, huh? that's unusual for her," Toya noted, taking a small sip of his black coffee. "oh, yeah. she said she had something cool planned for me or something..."

"oh? that An, she always has something interesting planned," Toya chuckled softly. "y'know, Toya..." Akito spoke, getting his best friend's attention. "yes, Akito?" Toya replied, waiting for Akito to continue.

"you still have a chance with Kohane, dude. if I can get with my dream girl, I'm sure you can, too! eh?" Akito teased, punching Toya's shoulder teasingly. "sure... I guess... maybe, I can try..." Toya mumbled, blushing slightly. "c'mon, dude, be more confident in yourself! she, like, totally likes ya!" Akito encouraged him, leaning back down to sit in his seat.

"really...?" Toya asked shyly, looking Akito in the eye curiously. "duh, man!" Akito insisted."maybe I can, then..." Toya whispered, his eyes sparkling in anticipation. Akito sighed with a small, relaxed smile on his face. "God, he's so innocent sometimes..." Akito chuckled to himself.

and, the end...

(might make an aftermath! ;D)

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✦ - 03/09/2024