35. Breakaway

Arizona's POV

On the phone:
Arizona: Y/n, why are you asking me this?
Y/n: I just need to know if I've hurt you when I left. Because I never wanted to hurt you at all.
Arizona: Of course I was hurt, but that was not your fault. You have to believe me. It's just this whole situation.
Y/n: I still miss you so much.
Arizona: I miss you too y/n.
Y/n: Isn't there any way we can work this out? I feel like we have to figure this out and me running away from you wasn't the right thing to do.
Arizona: I would love nothing more than to figure this out. I love you so much and I think a big part of me will always love you y/n. But I also know we have to let go of each other, it's for the best.
Y/n: But what if this is a big mistake?
Arizona: Y/n, we talked about this. You want something I can't give you. You deserve someone who can make all your dreams come true.
Y/n: But you were my biggest dream Zona. I need you in my life. You only find that one person once in your life.
Arizona: But what if I'm not that person?
Y/n: I believe you are the one for me.
Arizona: I don't think I'm your one, I'm trying to move on.
Y/n: What do you mean? You just said you love me.
Arizona: At least I'm trying to move on, I have to. I've kissed someone else.
Y/n: What?
Arizona: Like I said, I'm trying to move on.
Y/n: Who? Who did you kiss? Did I mean nothing to you if you are kissing other people so fast after we split?
Arizona: It's not like that y/n, you know that. You mean the world to me.
Y/n: It doesn't sound like that Arizona. I think I need to go.
Arizona: Please stay, y/n I mean it when I say that I love you.
Y/n: I have to take this in. Maybe you're right, maybe it is for the best if we move on. Bye Arizona.
Arizona: No, y/n, don't go.....

With that she she broke the line. I've hurt her more than I could ever imagine I guess. This was not what I wanted. I have to go and see her.

Arizona: But maybe she never wants to see me again. I can't believe I did this. I'm so stupid.

Y/n's POV

So let me tell you, it's been almost a year since I started working here at Seattle Grace. That also means me and Arizona have broken up almost a year ago. Slowly I'm getting there I guess. I haven't spoken to her since the last phone call. I have written letters to her to deal with my feelings. I never send them, they are just for me. I got ready for the day as I have work in 30 minutes. I'm on peds today, so I'm really happy today.

Y/n: Hello dr. Bailey, how are you?
Miranda: I'm good, but we have a hard case today to work on.
Y/n: What is it?
Miranda: Lets follow me.

So I did follow her to the patients room. We walked in and Bailey greeted Jackson, a young patient. Bailey and I went to talk to Melinda, Jackson's mother, outside the room, while Dr. Kenley, the pediatric surgeon, examines Jackson.

Melinda: I'm worried, because Jackson looks so yellow.
Miranda: So y/n, Jackson had 12 bowel resections and Kenley calls me every time. Melinda works a lot for Jackson's health, so we are treating Jackson well, whatever he wants.
Y/n: I see, I will do that.

We walked back in the room where Kenley was waiting for us.

Jackson: Dr. Kenley can I have a lollipop this time?
Kenley: You know it's not great for you.
Jackson: Please, just a small one?
Kenley: I have to think ab-bout iiiit.
Y/n: Dr. Kenley, are you okay?
Miranda: Dr. Kenley?

All of a sudden Kenley falls to the floor. I instructed Jackson to hit the blue button. Dr. Bailey rushed to where he was laying on the floor for the code blue as I was performing CPR on Kenley. After some time dr. Bailey called it and we were all shocked that Kenley died all so sudden. Miranda Bailey told Richard shortly after it all happened that Jordan Kenley died. His wife is on his way and she'll probably want to speak to him. Richard seemed distracted and walks off without replying.

Y/n: Hi Jackson, I'm just going to check some things. Are you okay after all that happened yesterday?
Jackson: I'm okay, he was old. Dr. Y/n, can you sign something that dr. Kenley wanted to do. I want a wish from the wish people and a doctor has to sign it.
Y/n: I'm sorry Jackson, but I can't do that. Jackson: You can help me decide on the wish if you signs it.
Y/n: But this is for kids with life-threatening diseases, so I'm sorry, but it's not for you Jackson.

I got out of the room to tell dr. Bailey the update on Jackson. I slowly made my way to the elevator as the nurse told me she was downstairs looking for dr. Webber. 

Arizona's POV

So dr. Knight has asked me to go to Seattle to help out on a case at Seattle Grace. He got a phone call and he wasn't able to help out himself, so he asked me to go, because he trusted me the most. When I heard Seattle, I got scared, as it was the city y/n went. I just don't know what hospital. I would love to see her again, but at the same I'm scared to see her as I guess she is really angry with me.

Amelia: Hey, I just heard you're leaving.
Arizona: Oh yes, it's for a pediatric case in Seattle.
Amelia: Isn't that where y/n lives?
Arizona: I know she moved to Seattle, but I don't know at what hospital she works or if she still lives in Seattle.
Amelia: Have you reached out to her at all?
Arizona: No, I haven't. You know why.
Amelia: I know, but as hard as you've tried to forget her, she is still on your mind.
Arizona: Let's not talk about it please. I have to go home and start getting ready as the plane is leaving in a few hours.
Amelia: Have a safe flight and text me when you get back. Maybe we can hang out again, I've missed you.
Arizona: I will text you. See you later Amelia.

Amelia and I have hooked up a couple times in the last three months. We were both lonely and wanted some release. There are no feelings involved, just sex. But something inside me always regrets it. I miss the real love when you are so close with someone. Thinking about it, almost makes me cry, but right now I have a job to do.

A few hours later in Seattle
Arizona: Hi, I was told to go here as we will work together. I'm Arizona Robbins
Miranda: Working together? I didn't knew we had a new doctor here.
Arizona: I'll be taking over Kenley's patients.
Miranda: Uhm okay, I didn't knew dr. Webber has found a replacement so fast.
Arizona: He called my superior dr. Knight and he has send me here.
Miranda: Okay, I will talk to him later.
Arizona: I respect dr. Kenley, but I'm surprised he followed this course of treatment so long when it wasn't working for this boy. I understood Jackson is our main priority.
Miranda: I supported the call. We hadn't turned the corner yet, but...
Arizona: We will follow the treatment for today, but we should start thinking about other options.

With that I rolled off on my wheelies to go see the other patients.

Y/n's POV
The elevator opened and my mouth fell to the floor. Was that who I think it was? I walked towards dr. Bailey who looked not amused.

Y/n: Hi, dr. Bailey, I'm here with the update on Jackson.
Miranda: Let me see. We have to work with a new doctor. She is all perky and rolls down the halls on wheelies. That can't be serious right?
Y/n: I guess. Uhm page me when you need me, I have to go.
Miranda: Okay, maybe you can meet the new doctor soon.

I walked away almost feeling sick to my stomach. I can't believe it. Why on earth is she here? I'm finally trying to move on from her. Actually, I'm having a date tomorrow with a girl I met at Joe's.

As I was walking down the hallway towards the residents lounge, I bumped into someone, both falling to the floor.

Y/n: I'm so sorry, I wasn't really looking where I was going. Are you okay?