13: Unscheduled Meetings

Anakin

I didn't sleep at all last night, not after that dream. I feared that, if I closed my eyes and gave in to tiredness, I would dream again and I didn't want to see that. The sight of Lana crying in such pain broke my heart, the sight of her dying...I couldn't breathe. Instead, I spent the whole night there, on the floor beside her, just watching her breathe and sleep peacefully.

About an hour before our alarm went off, I stood from the ground and laid down on the bed beside her and closed my eyes. I knew an hour wouldn't be enough to dream, and I was thankful for that, but I also knew an hour wasn't enough to rest...and I hated that for I felt exhausted. I flinched when the alarm echoed in the room and breathed in and out when I felt the weight of the mattress shifting beside me as Lana was getting out of bed.

"Morning." She said when she looked over her shoulder and saw I was awake.

"Hey." I replied, my hand finding the skin of her arm, pulling her close to me gently. She chuckled against my neck when she had laid down beside me again.

"We gotta get ready." I groaned.

"We've spent so long apart. We should go away, escape somewhere only we know, where no one will find us." I felt her smile on my skin.

"We really should." A sigh left her lips. "But we can't." Lana incorporated and looked at me, her hand stroking my hair gently, I closed my eyes under her touch. "In a few months, I'll have to leave for a 'meditative retreat' for a very long while," I smiled and chuckled. "or...figure out what else to do." I sighed and felt my smile slowly fading. "If we disappear right now it'll be far too risky and obvious."

"I should be able to spend a day off with my wife, you know?" She nodded, sad.

"I know." I hated this. I used to love the thrill of hiding our marriage, how we would sneak around at the Temple or the Cruisers, how we would create our own language to silently communicate in meetings; but I started to loathe it recently. Not being able to hold her hand, kiss her, touch her, tell her that I loved her in public was painful. The fact that we couldn't be husband and wife in the open, that we couldn't have what married people do was destroying me. "But I believe that, because of the amount of time we spent in the Outer and Mid Rims, and out brilliant efforts rescuing the Chancellor, they'll rest us up for a while. Meaning we'll get to spend more time together." I nodded and she smiled. "I love you." I smiled at her once again.

"I know." She giggled and kissed my lips. "I love you, too." I felt Lans' smile against my own.

"I know." It was my turn to giggle. She kissed my cheek and stood up while I stayed there, laying in bed, just watching her get ready. I smiled when I saw her grabbing my own clothes to wear them to work, it was like a part of me was on her at all times. "You know? Even if you said you don't want anyone's help last night, I believe it would be wise to bring this dream to Yoda." I rolled my eyes as I looked at the ceiling.

"He won't help, he didn't last time."

"Did you tell him about your mother back then?"

"Well..." She arched an eyebrow, her face still had concern in it. "I mean, not exactly. I did tell him I'd like to see my mother someday once, but he didn't really say anything." I heard her sigh as she approached me and sat beside me, I incorporated and sat with my back against the headboard.

"I know this is hard, and that you don't want to talk about it, but you need help with these premonitions, Ani. It happened in the past, perhaps you can stop them now. But you'll need the right guidance to do so."

"I could do it myself. I should be able to."

"I know, I know." I watched a nostalgic smile being drown onto her face. "Back when I had this recurrent dream in which Savage killed me, I found myself trying to make some sense of it by myself, not really being able to do it. One day, Adi came to me and suggested I talked to Master Yoda, she said that it's alright to recognise when we need help." I smiled at her, she learned compassion from her Master. "I believe that he can give you some advise."