PART OF THE FAMILY

Start from the beginning

I had a feeling this would happen.

Dad accepted Y/n too fast and everything happened so quickly in the beginning. He was always very kind, but he was cautious.

I knew that if Dad didn't think Y/n was more trouble than what it was worth in the beginning, then he would end up to regret his decision in one way or another.

"Here are your bags. Actually, I'll take them upstairs," Y/n suddenly walked into the house.

"Where have you been?" Dad abruptly said his voice.

"I was-"

"Y/n was picking me up from the airport," I quickly chimed in.

"Right, Y/N?" I turned to give Y/n a look.

"I'm just going to put your bags upstairs," Y/n cleared their throat.

In that moment, I realized Y/n wasn't wearing their boots at all. Y/n was wearing slippers.

It was then, I realized the gravity of everything Dani shared with me.

It wasn't Y/n throwing some sort of tantrum or their "true colors" finally showing. It was Y/n really being pushed out by Dad.

"Y/n wait!" Dad stopped Y/n before they could run upstairs.

"Why didn't you tell me Oli was coming home? I thought we agreed that there would be no more secrets between us," He started to scold Y/n.

I raised an eyebrow at his confrontational behavior.

"I called Y/n last minute. I didn't want to bother you or Mom since it's late. I was going to take a cab but I couldn't, so I called Y/n knowing they'd be the one to most likely be up," I lied again.

I didn't like lying to my family about the little things, but seeing how Daddy was behaving... it felt like anything to give Y/n some brownie points was the way to go...

Dad took a deep breath and shook his head. It looked like he was having a hard time accepting what I had said.

"Okay. We'll thank you for picking up my baby," Dad sighed out.

Y/n got quiet and suddenly bowed at him, before running upstairs with my bags.

I almost wanted to laugh.

It seemed like mom was definitely the one to be raising Y/n lately.

"You could've told me. I would've picked you up. There's no sense in asking someone who isn't family for such a huge favor like that," Daddy shook his head.

I gave him a smile and simply replied, "But Y/n is family. So there's nothing to worry about!", before heading up to my room.

- Y/N POV -

I took a shower and was getting ready to get in bed, when Olive suddenly texted me.

Olive

"Come to my room."

Dickhead

"I haven't been in your rooms in months. I haven't touched anything."

Olive

"Stfu and come to my room."

"Ugrrhhhh!" I groaned in annoyance and put on my indoor slippers. I then my way over to Oli's room and knocked on the door

Olivia took less than a second to open the door and signaled me to come inside.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and walked over to sit on the edge of her bed.

"What? What did I do now?" I asked a bit frustrated.

I hadn't been in Olivia's room in months. There was absolutely nothing that she could yell at me for.

"Sorry about my dad," Oli suddenly sighed out.

"What?" I asked hella confused.

"Dani told me what happened and I just had to come check it out for myself," Oli walked up to squat in front of me.

"Wtf?" I thought to myself.

"I want you to know though, you are a part of this family no matter what. I don't care if you're my in-law or my little sibling. Dad will get over it... and I'm sorry he might be triggering some things in you at the moment... but just know that he's just being a good dad," Olivia was being uncharacteristically nice.

"You're not the baby of the family. You're the in-law. So, armor up to take a punch uncalled for punches," Oli gave me a smile and reached over to squeeze my hands.

For some reason, her words comforted me. I already knew this... but it was nice to have a Mo-Marsh state the reality of it all...

"This doesn't suit me, huh?" Oli suddenly cleared her throat.

"Nope!" I tried not to laugh.

Oli rolled her eyes and suddenly pushed me off her bed, Saying... "Alright. My nice moment is over. Get tf out."

I raised an eye and decided to make myself comfortable on her bed instead.

"I saw out, Dickhead!" Olive's tone still wasn't quite right, but her words were.

"That's more like it!" I chuckled and got up to hear back to bed.

-

-

-

-

-

-