Chapter 4: Surprise and Headpats

[Tsukishima's point of view]

On my way to school, I see Y/n making her way out the door.
Y/n: "Oh! Hey, Tsuki!" she calls, waving at me. "Good morning!"
I wave back from across the street.
Y/n: "Hold on! Let's walk together!"
She scooped up a bag from inside along with her backpack and jogs over. I wonder what that bag's for. I guess she saw me looking at it, because she asked,
Y/n: "Curious about what's in the bag?"
I nod in reply.
Y/n: "It's a surprise! You'll find out later with all the other guys."

[Y/n's point of view]

Y/n: "You'll find out with all the other guys."
I hear Tsuki scoff and look up to see a salty expression on his face, but I could tell he was burning with curiosity. I chuckle to myself at his reaction. He's so funny!
When we get to school we part ways, heading to our separate classes. Once school finished, I went to the photography club room and finished up a few projects I've been working on. The room is empty again, as it often is. Our club's pretty relaxed about when or how often you come.
I grab the bag with the surprise and head to the gym. I hope they like it!

[Hinata's point of view]

I hear the door to the gym open. I look to see who it is. Y/n!! She's back!!!
Hinata: "Y/n! You came again today?!" I call across the gym as I run over to her.
Y/n chuckles.
Y/n: "I said I was coming back, didn't I?"
Hinata: "Yeah, but I just didn't expect you to come back this early! You did say that you wouldn't be able to make it every day!"
Y/n: "Oh, I see. Well, I'm going to try and come as much as I can. The club room's nice and all, but I think it's more fun to hang with you guys!"
Hinata: "Aww! Really?! You mean it?!"
Y/n: "Of course!"
Y/n gives me a pat on the head.

[Tsukishima's point of view]

Does Hinata always have to be so loud? He's jumping around in front of Y/n like an idiot. He has too much energy. Why can't he just leave her alone?
Y/n: "...fun to hang out with you guys!"
Hinata: "Aww! Really?! You mean it?!"
Y/n: "Of course!"
I watch her pat his head. He's acting like such an idiot. I hate that stupid face of his.

[Yamaguchi's point of view]

Yamaguchi: "Hey, Kei, can you help wi-"
Oh, he looks like he's in a bad mood. But why? He was his normal, salty self just a minute ago. I follow his gaze and see Y/n patting Hinata on the head. Oh! I elbow him to get his attention.
Yamaguchi: "Jealous?" I mess with him.
Kei: "Wha- No! Why would I be jealous of that idiot?!"
Wait, is he really jealous? I was mainly just teasing, but judging by the way he reacted, I think he really just might be.
Yamaguchi: "So you are jealous!"
Kei: "I just said I wasn't! Now shut up, Yamaguchi!"
Scary!
Y/n: "Why're you guys fighting? What's going on over here?"
Kei: "N-nothing."
He shut up like a clam when Y/n came over. I'm safe! Wait, that means I can...
Yamaguchi: "Kei's just grumpy 'cause he didn't get any headpats from you yet."
His face starts to turn red from embarrassment.
Kei: "Hey! What the heck are you talking about?!"
Y/n stiffles a giggle and starts tiptoeing behind him. She winks at me and holds a finger to her mouth. I wink back and continue poking at him.
Yamaguchi: "Oh, come on! Just admit you want headpats, too."
Kei: "No, I don't! That's just stupi-"
He froze as he felt Y/n's hand rubbing the top of his head. She has to stay on her tippy toes to reach. Kei's face turned even redder than he was before! Try not to laugh! Try not to laugh!
Y/n: "There you go, Mr. Grumpypants. No need to get all worked up about it. I can give you headpats, too, Silly. Now, just go ahead and do your best on the court for me today, 'kay?" she says, finishing the headpats she was giving him.
I swear on my life, I could see a tail wagging back and forth behind him and puppy ears peeking out of his hair. Kei stood there frozen for a second, wide-eyed, then nodded.
Kei: "...Mmn."