14 - Reunited

Satomi pov:

"I still can't believe you left Rin alone to fend for herself while you're here," I scolded Sesshomaru as we walked through the forest. My lips were in a slight pout and my brows were furrowed while I looked up at him.

"She will be fine. Ah-Un is with her," he answered stoically, making me click my tongue and shake my head. He was impossible to get through sometimes.

A couple of days had gone by since Sesshomaru had come here to this realm. We had been traveling to find a place that would allow the Jewel Shard Sesshomaru had to activate, so we could return to the feudal era of Japan. However, our search was not rushed, more so because of me, for I did not want to separate from Kokushibo san when I had only just found the love I had been yearning for.

Besides, Sesshomaru had made it clear that Inuyasha and the others were trying to come to this realm too. I thought that it was best to wait for them before we made any specific plans.

It was nearly lunch time when we came upon a village bustling with people. Among the many scents that reached my nose, one of them caught my attention. It also brought a smile upon my lips.

"Secchan, come with me," I said and grabbed his hand to drag him after me.

We walked through the streets ignoring the stares from the many humans we passed by – well, most of the stares were directed to Sesshomaru, for he was still dressed like the demon lord he was, and it had elicited expressions of apprehension in the people. I made a quick stop in front of a sweet shop to buy some sweets from the frightened shopkeeper, but who was rather surprised when I paid him for my purchase with a beaming smile, and then made a beeline to one of the rather large houses in the village. I did not bother ringing the bell to announce our arrival, and simply jumped up the wall to land in the inside courtyard. Sesshomaru followed suit and glanced at our surrounding with minimum interest.

The sound of hurried footsteps reached my ears, and a scent similar to Rengoku san's reached my nose, but which was with a slightly alcoholic and earthy hint. Unsheathing Tenkoken, I blocked the blade of the Nichirin blade that came at me from a man that looked like the older version of Rengoku san. He did not stop with one attack, and even attacked Sesshomaru who had drawn Tokijin and was watching the man in deep displeasure.

 He did not stop with one attack, and even attacked Sesshomaru who had drawn Tokijin and was watching the man in deep displeasure

"How dare you demons set foot in the Rengoku house!" the man bellowed and lunged at me again.

"Please clam down, Ooji-san," I said while blocking a few more hits from his katana. "I am here to see Rengoku san, who I assume is your son. He is the man I saved, so I assumed that I will be welcomed here."

"What?" the man said, stopping his onslaughts. "You saved Kyojuro? You're the demon that saved my son?"

"Yes," I answered, giving him a cheery smile.

"Satomi san," came Rengoku san's, or rather, Kyojuro san's voice from the hallway of the house a little away.

"Hello to you too, Kyojuro san," I greeted him with a wave of my hand. He appeared mildly flustered when he rushed to his father to stop him from attacking us again.