Chapter 1 (Fatespeaker):

Most of these scrolls are about IceWings, Fatespeaker thought to herself. I wonder where Starflight got them from.

"Starflight, this one doesn't have a label on it," Fatespeaker alerted. "It's titled 'Great IceWings of the Battle' and I'm not sure where it goes..."

Fatespeaker watched as Starflight walked over, and without even looking at the scroll, placed it on its correct shelf.

"Woah, how'd you do that?" Fatespeaker asked in wonderment.

"I did help create the library, you know," Starflight said with a chuckle. "That means that I decided where all of the scrolls went in the first place."

Fatespeaker smiled, and went back to her work. She noticed an IceWing walk into the library.

"Fatespeaker, I need to step out for a second," Starflight told her. "Make sure no one gets into too much trouble."

"Got it," Fatespeaker replied, the slightest trace of uncertainty in her voice.

She watched curiously as the IceWing picked a scroll up off the shelf, and put it back right after. 

He walked towards Fatespeaker a second later, and tapped her on the shoulder.

Fatespeaker turned around quickly, and gave a friendly smile. "Hi, I'm Fatespeaker!" she introduced herself. "What can I do for you?"

To her surprise, the IceWing smiled back. "I've been looking for a scroll about famous dragons in my tribe, do you know where that would be?"

"Oh!" Fatespeaker exclaimed. "I actually just put one away that was about famous IceWings of past battles, is that what you're looking for?"

"That'll work," the IceWing replied. 

Fatespeaker quickly grabbed the scroll off the shelf, and handed it to the IceWing. 

"Just wait until Starflight gets back, since that scroll is not fully labeled." Fatespeaker told the student.

The IceWing nodded, and waited by Starflight's station.

Starflight came back a moment later, with another NightWing following him. He heard the IceWing and Fatespeaker talking, and walked over.

"Hello, Aspen," Starflight greeted the IceWing. "I knew I recognized that voice. Did you find the scroll that you wanted?"

"Yes, I did," Aspen replied. "Fatespeaker said this one didn't have any labeling on it, though."

"Alright," Starflight replied, taking the scroll from Aspen. "Fatespeaker, can you please come over here and label what I tell you to on this scroll?"

"Sure!" Fatespeaker responded. "I predict that you'll want me to write something that includes 'IceWing' in it."

Starflight looked at her. "Actually, yes. Write down 'IceWing Battles', and then I'll stamp it."

Fatespeaker nodded, and wrote it down. Starflight quickly stamped the scroll, and handed it to Aspen. 

"Thanks!" Aspen called out as he left.

Fatespeaker turned to the NightWing that Starflight had brought with him, who was reading a scroll not too far away.

"Who's the other NightWing?" Fatespeaker asked Starflight quietly.

"That's Amaris," Starflight explained. "I believe she has the ability to sense emotions, but lately things have been getting out of control. Other dragonets have been teasing her for her ability, which just makes it stronger."

"Aw," Fatespeaker said in reply. "Let me see if I can talk to her."

Fatespeaker walked over to Amaris. "Hi, I'm Fatespeaker." Fatespeaker said softly after Amaris noticed her. "Are you alright? You seem sad."

Amaris shook her head. "Nothing's alright." she said softly. 

"Starflight told me you can sense emotions," Fatespeaker whispered. "So can I."

Starflight could hear bits and pieces of their conversation, but it looked like he mostly didn't notice.

"Really?" Amaris asked. 

Fatespeaker nodded. "I'm telling you the truth. If I wasn't, how would I have known you were truly sad?"

Amaris didn't speak for a moment.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Fatespeaker asked. "A scroll, maybe?"

"Is there one about NightWing abilities?" Amaris questioned quietly, after thinking for a bit.

"There should be," Fatespeaker answered. She grabbed one off the shelf.

"Here you go," she said, handing it to Amaris. "Hope you feel better, at least."

"Thanks," Amaris replied gratefully, opening up the scroll.

Fatespeaker walked back over to Starflight.

"Wow, I haven't heard her speak that much since last week," Starflight exclaimed.

"She just seems lonely, in my opinion," Fatespeaker whispered. "She needs a friend that is not overly emotional, and one that wouldn't mind her being an empath."

"She does." Starflight agreed. "Well, Fatespeaker, thanks for all of your help."

"No problem, but are you sure there's nothing else to do?" Fatespeaker asked.

"I'm sure," Starflight responded kindly. "You've done a lot already."

"Alright," Fatespeaker sighed, as she began to leave the library. Does Starflight not want me there? Am I being too much? Is there something wrong? I never even finished the first task he gave me...