"Does she feel different?" I ask hopefully. 

"I can't feel her," Sam replies, turning to look at me, "can you?" 

"No," I respond, shaking my head. She nods in response, and as she does, her eyes catch sight of my arm. 

"Oh, jeez," she whispers, unfolding her eyes, "did I do that?" I look down at my arm and hold it up like I'm resting it on something. It definitely doesn't look great, and it will need stitches, and it does hurt, but it's not nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Just from looking at the Mangle, I can tell it could've been so much worse and I should be thankful I wasn't caught by something else. 

The teeth are the first thing that come to my mind. 

"I'm okay," I tell her, waving her concerns away. "I'll go get stitches once this over."

I won't.

"What else do you have to do?" Sam asks, looking from me to Jonah as if she could be getting an answer from either direction. Jonah surprises me by confirming an earlier concern of mine. 

"We have to meet the others, who are talking to JJ and Balloon Boy right now," Jonah replies, nodding a bit with his arms crossed over his chest. I feel an overwhelming sense of sibling-like affection every time he turns to Sam, but it is chased by a powerful stab of guilt and sadness and regret every time he looks away. 

"The Toys," I say, remembering how they weren't on the stage. "When I went out there, the Toys weren't on the stage. Do you think they could be with the others?" 

"JJ and Balloon Boy are supposed to distract the Toys, aren't they?" Jonah asks, turning to look at me. I glance back at the door, trying to listen for anything happening outside. "Josie?" 

"Yes," I say, nodding, "but I don't know if that's where they are." 

"I can distract them," Sam offers, drawing our attention to her. As soon as I look at her again, I have the same situation I had earlier with Jeremy. 

She feels like she's older than me, but her face is Jonah's age.

I feel like I have to respect her like she's older than me.

"We need to get into whatever private room Mike and the others are in," I tell her, and she raises her eyebrows. 

"Well, if that's all you need to do—" her eyes shift upwards to the ceiling and her right hand points up to the panels— "the ceiling is all suspended, and you can get to every room— except the office and parts and service— through it without being seen. It might not hold both of you, but if it can hold Mangle, it can at least hold one of you." 

Jonah looks over at me and immediately shakes his head, "No, you aren't going through the ceiling alone." 

"Give me your flashlight," I say, holding my hand out towards him. 

"No!" he exclaims. 

"Mine's in the game room, I need yours," I say calmly, and he holds the flashlight above his head as if that'll stop me. 

"No, Josie! You are not going through the ceiling," Jonah snaps, and a spurt of anger shoots through me. 

"Do you want to stop the Puppet or not?" I ask plainly. "Because if you want more kids to die— and be put nowhere since we broke the Puppet and Mangle's connection— then by all means, keep going." His eyes fill with tears, and I feel my heart shredding itself to pieces inside of me, but everyone in the room knows I'm right. 

"Fine," he mumbles, tossing the flashlight to me. I snag it out of the air and walk over to the warped table, grabbing my backpack off the ground. 

"I'll go meet with the others. Sam, I need you to keep Jonah safe. Once we're ready, we'll send JJ and Balloon Boy out to distract the Toys—" I say all of this as Jonah and I work together to get the amethyst pieces back into my bag— "and then we'll head over to parts and service. I need you to keep the Toys in the game room until we're done."