Kade smiled. “Oh.”

“I see you made dinner, thank you,” Mary said from the kitchen. 

“No problem,” Cole yawned. “It’s getting pretty late.”

“My friend, it’s only seven,” Kade laughed. “It’s only dark from the storm.”

Cole blinked a couple of times and looked at me. “What time did we get home from the game?”

“Only one,” I muttered. 

“Then you slept until two, that was when the storm came,” Cole mumbled.

Kade looked at him with a smirk. “Wow. You can do math.”

Cole rolled his eyes. “I just lost track of time.”

“The power is still out, they said they’d have it back up and running in a day or two,” Kade replied. I went over to help Mary get all of the food plated. 

Mary grabbed my bandaged hand and held it. “What happened?” she exclaimed. 

“I-”

Cole interrupted. “She grabbed a hot pan and got a first-degree burn, I took care of it though.”

“Yeah, what he said,” I finished. 

Kade grabbed me by the arm and pulled me closer. “He’s so hooked.” I glared at him as he started laughing. 

Mary rolled her eyes at Kade while handing him his plate. “You leave them alone.”

“Hon, they need someone to drive them crazy once in a while,” he whispered while kissing her on the cheek. 

She handed Cole and me our plates. We all sat down at the table and began to eat the spaghetti Cole made. 

“So, what were you guys talking about?” Kade asked. 

Cole and I looked at each other from across the table, I blinked. “The Army,” I muttered, while, at the same time, Cole mumbled, “Pianos.”

Cole coughed. “Well..uh, both of those things…because, I um, played the piano for the boys some nights.”

I glared at him. “Pianos!?” I mouthed. 

“Sorry.” He mouthed back while shrugging his shoulders. 

Kade leaned back in his chair. “I had no idea you played the piano,” he laughed. “You should play for us sometime.” I could tell by the sarcasm in his voice he knew we were lying. 

Mary decided to stick up for us. “He doesn’t have to, the piano needs a break, I’ve played it every night this week.”

“All you two did was talk?” Kade questioned. “It seemed pretty quiet when we came in.”

“Well, you see…Daisy fell asleep,” Cole stuttered, while, again at the same time, I explained, “Cole fell asleep.”

Gosh, what is going on tonight? All of a sudden I couldn’t speak, usually that’s all I could do. I felt myself blush. This was so embarrassing, especially since it happened twice already in one night. 

“I need some fresh air,” Cole mumbled. He stood up and began to quickly but calmly go out the front door.

“I should go check on Ashing,” I added. A giggle slipped my lips as I went out the back door and out to the barn. 

It was dark and still raining a little, I heard a noise and prayed it was the horses. Just in case I grabbed the shovel leaning against the door. I saw a person and quietly snuck up behind them, holding the shovel high above their head. I was about to swing it when the person turned around and yelped. 

“Gosh, Daisy! It’s just me, Cole.”

I released a breath and looked at him. “Wait. What are you doing out here?”

“It was raining and I didn’t want to wait on the deck so I came out here,” he explained. We sat down on a haybale and leaned against Ashing's stall. He started laughing so hard I was sure he was going to cry. I soon joined him, I fell off the hay bale and onto the ground.

“Their faces,” I laughed. 

He chuckled. “The way Mary went along with it.”

“No. The way Kade's face turned bright red with anger.” I choked on the air, I felt like I couldn’t breathe. 

The laughing soon died down, I took a deep breath and sighed. I slowly came back to reality and what had happened earlier. 

“Did we really fall asleep for four hours?” I whispered.

He shrugged. “I have no idea.”

I smirked. “Wanna know a secret?”

“Sure.”

I smiled and was just about to tell him when thunder shook the whole barn. I flinched and sat next to Cole on the hay bale again, he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. “I was awake before they got home.”

“I knew you were,” he mumbled. “I was too.”

I blushed. “How long were you awake for?” 

Cole smirked. “Before you cuddled up closer to me.”

I couldn’t believe he just said that. “I-” I struggled to find words, I just sat there for a second realizing I was in his arms. “I was cold.”

“Daisy. I don’t care if it’s a thousand degrees out, you can always cuddle with me,” he whispered. 

I felt myself turn a deep red as he held me closer, my head fell onto his shoulder. “This whole ‘my man’ idea changed really fast.”

“Well, we are only best friends, right?” he joked. 

“Yeah,” I laughed. “Best friends, for life.”

Cole chuckled. “So, we are just two twenty-year-olds who hang out a lot?”

“Yes. Just that.”

“For now,” he mumbled. 

“Sure.” I began to fall asleep again against his shoulder. I just faintly heard him talking to me, or himself. He was weird like that. I heard him say two more words that I will never forget. 

“We’ll see.”

I have a couple of questions to ask if you guys don't mind answering them, it would really help me out:).

Should I keep the chapter the same length or shall I make them longer?

Any ideas what I should make happen next?

Who's your favorite character so far?

Any suggestions?

LAST BUT NOT LEAST. IF YOU LIKE MY STORY OR ARE READING IT. PLEASE. PLEASE. VOTE AND OR COMMENT, IT HELPS MY BOOK GET OUT TO MORE PEOPLE AND GIVES ME MORE CONFIDENCE. (Not to sound too desperate, I hope you get what I am saying) Thank you to those who are! You make my day better! I loving reading any and all comments and answering all of you questions!

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!