I thought you didn't want this. (Leah Williamson)

Angsttttttt

_______________________

You had just given birth to a little girl a few weeks ago. Your friend Keira had invited you to come over to her place since she wanted to meet your daughter. 

You and your partner had gotten married a year ago and decided to start a family.

Being a professional football player, you never really thought of starting a family. You never thought you'd have kids at all, or even get married.

______________________

You and your partner showed up to keira's house, you knocked on the door. You had your baby in the stroller. Keira opened the door and looked down instantly at your little girl. 

"Oh my god.." keira whispered. "Come on in.." she said. You both walked in and you pushed the stroller into her flat. Keira walked you and your partner into the living room. Your eyes went directly to this one person. You were expecting keira to be home alone but she wasn't. 

It was Leah.

Leah was your previous partner. It had been years after you broke up with her, but it still caught you off guard. 

You tried not to stare and smiled over at keira. 

"Can i hold her?" keira said gently as she sat down on the couch. "Of course.." you said taking your baby out of the stroller. You slowly walked over to keira and put the little girl in her arms. Keira supported her head with her arm and she laid back on the couch. "She's so tiny.." keira smiled at you. 

You smiled and nodded, trying to ignore leah who was sitting right next to keira.

"Hey keira, where's your bathroom?" your husband said. "Right in there, down the hallway to the right." keira said. He walked off and you smiled at your baby that was in keira's arms. 

"She's so cute.." leah whispered. Your baby's eyes were shut, she was sleeping. 

You did something you didn't think you'd ever do, but you didn't mind.

"Do you want to hold her?" you looked at leah, making eye contact for the first time since you last spoke. "If that's okay with you.." leah shrugged. "Of course it's okay.." you smiled. Keira gently gave leah your baby, she held it so gently in her arms. Leah had always been great with kids. The image of leah holding your baby made you think things. What if you and her had never ended things? What if you and her had worked things out? What if this was her baby instead of your husband's?

Leah smiled down at her and gently placed her thumb inside of the baby's hand which closed around her finger. Her little fingers barely being able to wrap around leah's thumb. You smiled and leah who looked up at you.

"What did you name her?" leah smiled at you.

You felt your tongue go down to your throat and get stuck. You took a deep breath in and swallowed the nerves.

"Cathrine." you said. 

Keira and Leah both looked at you. 

Leah's smile had faded, as if someone slapped it right off her face. She nodded and kept looking at you. You couldn't take the feeling in your stomach anymore.