Theo Montgomery. I obviously knew him and we had shared some conversations because he was Aria's brother but nothing too personal until a party I went to with Ali.

Flashback

I was walking with a bottle of vodka in my hand, not really caring where I was going until I bumped into someone's chest.

"Aren't you a little young to be here?" He asked. I looked up to see my best friend's brother, Theo.

"What's it to you lamp post."

To my surprise he chuckled. "Funny." He said with a hint of sarcasm. "Is my sister here too?"

"Nop" I said with a popping sound. "Just me and Ali, who ditched me."

He rolled his eyes. "I'll never understand why you and my sister are friends with her." I just shrugged taking a large sip of vodka. "You really shouldn't be drinking."

"And why's that?" I said taking another sip of vodka. He rolled his eyes again and took bottle out of my hands. "Hey!"

"You've drank enough."

"Party pooper." I whispered. "Why do you care how much I've drank? I'm just your sister's annoying little friend right?"

He shook his head and took a step closer to me. "What on earth gave the impression that I think that?"

I shrugged again. "Then what do you think?" Now it was my turn to get closer.

"It doesn't matter. You're drunk. You'll forget my words and trust me when I tell you what I think of you you'll want to remember every word."

My mom's voice brought me back to reality. "I ran into Ella Montgomery today. Why didn't you tell me Aria was back?"

"It's not like we're still friends." My sister said.

"She didn't know your father left. I hate telling that story."

"So change the story. We did. You grew up. You grew apart. It was mutual, and, honestly, We are much happier without him.

"If you repeat it to yourself enough times you'll believe it." I said.

"Well, I have to admit, it does sound a lot better than the truth."

"Nobody needs to know that we got dumped." Hanna added

"'We' didn't get dumped. I did."

"He left all of us." I said. "It's not like we've seen or talked to him since he left."

The phone rang and mom picked up.

Then the bell rang. "I'll get it." I said.

I opened the door to find a police officer and the guy I hoped I would never see again and who unfortunately had been promoted to detective: Darren Wilden. "Hanna Marin?" The officer asked.

"No I'm Cassandra. Can I help you?"

"Is your mother home?" Wilden said just as mom and Hanna arrived. "We received a call from rosewood mall security. They have your daughter on tape Shoplifting a pair of sunglasses."

"I'm sure there's been a mistake."

"I don't think so. Could you turn around?" The officer said handcuffing Hanna.

"You too" Wilden told me before handcuffing me as well.

"What? I haven't done anything."

"You knew about your sister's crime." He said dragging me to his car as Hanna got into another. "Aiding and abetting is a crime."