Chapter 8, Finding a cure.

Start from the beginning

(Amara takes a worried look at Aya, who is still under clear shock. Slowly with Amara's care and help, they go up to a water source. Amara fills her inside of her hands with clear water and washes Aya's face gently, rinsing out dirt and blood.)

Amara: "Cheer up Aya... we will get her back..."
(With distant eyes filled with melancholy and emptyness, Aya weakly nods her head in acknowledgement.)

(Meanwhile, Yusuf inspects grandmother Aysha carefully, along with Kadir, looking out for potential wounds.)

Yusuf: "She seems to be in a very deep sleep. These are the after affects from a curse..."
Kadir: "Right."
Yusuf: "My suspicion was right, wasn't it, Kadir..."
Kadir: "Indeed. She was placed under a dark curse."
Yusuf: "How can we find it's cure out? There has to be a cure, right? Right...? Please say yes, Kadir. I am begging you."
Kadir: "Yes. There is no disease without cure. But in order to find out the cure, we need to find out what specific curse we are dealing with in the first place, Yusuf. I will find a way to find out. After that, we can take care of the cure. I will tell you everything I know once I'm done, I have to run some tests on her."
Yusuf: "Alright...I am counting on you."

[Next morning]

(Amara is the first one to wake up from a long, torturing night. She rubs her tired eyes and unknowingly inspects her surroundings.)

Amara: ("Normally...I would already smell the fresh herb tea grandmother Aysha used to brew every morning...and the fresh bread... and olives. But we are not at grandmother Aysha's home... this is the home of Yusuf... it is nice enough of him to even let us stay the night...")

(Her eyes slowly go over to look at Aya, who is sleeping very deeply. Her chest calmly and peacefully going up and down along with her slow paced breathing. Her face is pale and the dark circles under her swollen eyes are very visible.)

Amara: ("I will not wake her up now... she needs the sleep. She has been beyond exhausted... poor Aya... I will look for Yusuf and grandmother Aysha I guess...")

(Tip toeing in order to not wake Aya up, Amara slowly prepares herself and walks down to Yusuf, who was already awaiting her.)

Yusuf: "Peace be upon you, sister Amara."
Amara: "Peace be upon you too, Yusuf. First of all, thank you so so much for letting us stay the night and for the kindness you have given us. We are beyond grateful. May God bless you and reward you..."
Yusuf: "It was my pleasure, please sister Amara. Do not worry. If there is any way I can help, I will."
Amara: "By God, you have helped us enough already. Remember when you found us in the middle of the desert... lost...without any guidance? You were the one who has helped us."
Yusuf: "I did not do anything, sister Amara. It was your destiny... besides, please have a little breakfast. Is sister Aya awake already? You two must be starving. It's not much but...I hope that will be satisfying and filling enough."

(Amara looks at a small cloth layed down on the ground. On top are plates filled with sweet and fresh dates. Next to the plates are two cups of fresh milk.)

Amara: "Yusuf...you shouldn't have... thank you so much. We don't know how to pay your kindness back."
Yusuf: "There is no need. You two are the soldiers of light against the dark. It is the least I can do for the heroes of the persian kingdom."

(Amara's eyes widen.)

Amara: "So...you know... that we were sent here through time travel?!"
Yusuf: "Indeed."
Amara: "How did you..."
Yusuf: "I told you, Amara. Destiny."
Amara: "Who...really...are you?"

(As Amara wanted to question Yusuf's knowledge about their 'little mission/secret', little and slow paced steps interrupt the scene.)

Amara: "Aya, you are awake? Have you slept good? Are you at least a little bit better now...?"
Aya: "Mhm..."