| 3 |

"I swear Aarohi, he keeps looking your way."

Aarohi blinked once, looking away from her phone, she shifted her attention to the girl sitting to her left, who looked back at her quite expectantly as if she was waiting for Aarohi to finally acknowledge her theories, which was nothing but utter gibberish.

"You're again being delusional, Naina," she stressed her words out, a pinch of irritation didn't sway from her tone, as her friend glared at her, frowning slightly.

Naina Parihar was the girl she met on her first day at college. It was during the first hour when she was strolling the corridors, alone and in search of the cafeteria, or any common sitting area, when she found Naina approaching her, only to ask her about the same thing. Later, Aarohi was glad to see the familiar face of Naina amongst all the strangers in her branch, and soon their acquaintances turned to be friends.

"You're just downright being ignorant now Aarohi," she nagged, squinting her eyes at her obvious attempts to dodge the so-called ridiculous notions of her friend.

Aarohi made a face, purposely staring into her phone, all the while never even trying to look at the 'man' who, so obviously, was staring at her, or her friend who had no other job but to tease her ceaselessly.

"It could be anyone Naina, he is staring at," Aarohi whispered, finally turning off her phone and turning to face her friend, completely, "I mean sure there are plenty of girls here—"

"But there is only one 'Aarohi Verma' isn't it?"

Aarohi sighed, leaning into the table, keeping her right elbow on it while supporting her face in her palm, she closed her eyes for a second. There was no winning against Naina, she could tell that at least. Naina had been creating her delusions for a while now, possibly since the very first week of college, talking about a certain boy, the very one Aarohi knew Naina was infatuated with. It was all fine, they both were enjoying the little stories Naina cooked up in her mind until she started dragging Aarohi into one of her imaginations and that too, about Abhinav Sharma crushing on her.

Abhinav Sharma was one of the class representatives from the Economics branch, and they shared only two classes, and that too, twice a week. Apparently, as Aarohi would think with much vexation, this was enough for Naina to start observing him as well, and suddenly one afternoon, she came up with this idea that he kept glancing at where Aarohi sat, and followed his gaze every time towards her direction.

Although, it didn't make any sense why he would be 'crushing' on her, but Naina, who would leave no opportunity to get wasted, talked about this very thing nearly every time.

"I had talked to him just once, Naina," she disagreed, moving her head sideways while clipping the few loose sheets on the table to her journal, tucking it inside her bag. She couldn't find any other incident coming to her mind except that day when she had to ask him about Professor Mehta.

"You know very well Abhinav's into you," Naina retorted, running her fingers through her burgundy highlighted hair, "you just don't bother with this."

Her eyes settled on her snarky friend. Perhaps she was right about the fact that Aarohi knew about this, after all, the hints thrown at her from his side were none too subtle, yet Aarohi didn't care. She neither was interested in him nor was she bothered enough to entangle herself with these types of feelings.