when you're here- remus

"Don't go," Remus insisted, tiredly wiping at his eyes as you folded one of his stolen shirts into a nice pile, looking around for stray socks that you'd discarded in thought. "Love," he sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed, hand catching yours to stop you.

"I have to go, Rem," you frowned, tugging at the sleeve of his band shirt to make him let go, hoping he wouldn't push, knowing he would. This part was always hard, going when you didn't want to, but it was even harder trying to stay with him, fit into his world when you were so horribly out of place, even now, in this hotel room, it was a sight so strange it made you anxious.

"You don't," he argued, instead moving his fingers to your wrists, pulling you away from the half-packed suitcase. "We could order room service, and stay in this room all day, you don't even need to change out of my shirt," he smirked at the last part, no care for the fact that you were wearing said shirt because you'd forgotten your own, only caring for the way it made his stomach feel funny, made his heart act up, a feeling similar to the one he got when he went on stage.

"You have a meet and greet in two hours," you didn't fight his hold, melting into the subtle, almost non-existent touch, no control over the little pout your words prompted.

"I'll skip it."

"No, you won't, hotshot," you scoffed, nudging his knee with your own as you managed to free yourself of his grip. "Can't screw up everything you've worked for just for a few more minutes with me."

"With my best friend. Why not?" he wasn't serious, wasn't truly considering it, but he wish he was, almost as much as you were.

"This is your life, Rem, not mine."

"It could be, you know, it's better when you're here."

"For you," you sighed, and couldn't stop yourself from placing a quick kiss to his forehead, a friendly gesture, familiar, nothing more to it, at least that's what you hoped he'd think- he didn't. "I'm going to hit the shower," you breathed, voice lighter than it felt, hoping to savor the last bit of time together. "Would you find my other pink sock while I'm busy?"

"On it," he didn't try as hard as you did, fiddling with the rings on his fingers as he watched you leave, he always watched you leave.