my little star- remus

"I need you to stop growing," I announce loudly as Harry returns from the kitchen, his face lighting up in a somewhat confused smile. "I'm serious, one of these days you'll be too big to let me give you forehead kisses," I explain, wearing a smile of my own as he leans in to hug me, Hermione laughing lightly as she clears the last plates from the table.

"Y/n, my darling, leave the poor boy alone," Sirius instructs me as he takes the last sip from his glass. "You'll embarrass him in front of his friends," He explain, nodding towards Ron who is watching me carefully.

"Is that so?" I turn to look at Harry as he pulls away, not missing his slightly tinted cheeks. "Do I embarrass you, Harry?" I ask with a raised brow, and he shakes his head quickly.

"You could never, "He promises lightly, smiling up at me before looking at Ron. "If anything, I think Ron may get slightly jealous, is all," He explains with a shrug, making a soft laugh drift from Sirius' lips.

"He does have a little crush on you," Hermione explains when she retakes her seat next to the red-haired boy.

"I do not," Ron defends, shaking his head in denial despite the blush creeping onto his cheeks. "I just said that you're rather pretty," He pauses as he looks between Harry and Sirius. "Out of the three of you, that is."

"Ron, I assure you, if not for the multiple years she has on you, my goddaughter would've been lucky to have you," Sirius says, avoiding my warning gaze as he pours himself another glass of fire-whiskey. Ron smiles lightly as he looks down at the table.

"Oh, I would be indeed," I muse, ruffling Harry's hair before pulling away. "Now, I bet you three have some gossip to catch up on," I note, quietly pushing back my chair to get up. "Sirius and I will come up with cake in a few minutes," Sirius nods eagerly as he sips from his glass. "Why don't you have a listen to that record I gave you"

"Are you sure?" Harry questions carefully, Hermione and Ron standing up with them as he does.

"Of course, and remember to play it ridiculously loud too, it's the only way I'll know that you like it," I tell him which earns the softest little laugh from him. "Happy birthday, Harry."

"Thank you, Y/n," He says softly, leaning forward to allow me a kiss on his forehead before rushing up the stairs with his friends. I keep the smile on my face, waiting for the sound of a door closing to drift through the house before turning to Sirius, he hums lightly as I focus my gaze onto his empty glass, loud music beaming from upstairs as I do.

"Are you doing okay over there?" I ask calmly to which he nods.

"I'm done, for the night, darling," He tells me, stumbling lightly as he stands from the table. I move over to him, his arm draping over my shoulder. "Where did Moony run off too?" He questions, holding onto me as I lead him towards the sofa in the other room, though I wouldn't say he need the assistance quite yet.

"He had to take a call," I say and then shrug. "Or whatever you'd call the wizard alternative to one,'' I explain, smiling when he leans back into the sofa cushions. "Can I get you anything?"

"Don't you worry about me, Y/n," He mumbles, grinning when he folds his arms around a throw pillow. "Thank you for helping out tonight," He pauses, glancing back towards the dining room. "I'm sure Harry appreciated is as well."

"Always," I say with a slight nod, the picture of Harry's little smile making it all worth it. "It's what family does, and that boy deserves to know what that feels like," I look back down at him. "Though I'd really like to know the appropriate time to start mocking you for baking a cake?"

"Never," he tells me laughing slightly with me, patting the empty spot on the sofa for me to sit. "Sit with me, won't you?"

"I have dishes to do, Siri," I groan, sitting down anyway as he lifts a hand to my cheek when I do.