call it what you want- sirius

~part 2 of come back... be here :D

Sirius' hands were entirely respectful as they held you against his chest, the group paying the gesture no mind as it was hardly an unfamiliar notion, if it were not his arms that surrounded you, it would have been Remus' and if not his, it might have been James' had things not taken such an odd turn a few years back. Now, however, Lily was the one that laid enclosed by the material of a plaid blanket against the curly-haired man's side while Remus strummed unrehearsed on Sirius' acoustic guitar- he created a senseless melody, filling the room with a carefree daze of notes flooding into the atmosphere.

It seemed like decades passed since the last time you were all in a room together, everything and nothing had changed all at once, some rather obvious such as the rings that sparkled on the couple's fingers or the university pamphlets that poked out the pockets of that same old blazer Remus wore out of habit more than comfort. Unknown to almost everyone, or so you hoped, was the most notable change of all, you and Sirius. It had been a very unplanned turn of events for both of you, after helping you get over your feelings for James it seemed highly unlikely that you could feel that way for anyone ever again, but Sirius Black had a way of surprising you.

"Man, I can't believe you own this place," James noted, eyes wondering over the interior of the little bar that Sirius had bought a year after leaving Hogwarts, though the money to acquire it had his family's name all over it, this place was entirely his, not a hint of the Blacks on any preface of it.

"It's a quaint little space," Remus teased with a half smirk, looking up from his moving fingers to witness the exaggerated eye roll offered to him by the topic of conversation, your lips tilting into a smile as you shift against Sirius' body to look up at him, a little squeeze to your waist indicating that he sees you.

"Oh, we're all very proud of our little property owner," you mused, the group laughing softly in agreement. "Who thought we'd ever witness the day that Sirius Black finally grew up to be a big boy," you added, and your grace had passed by the time Sirius placed his drink down onto the floor, smirking as you jumped to your feet.

"Watch yourself, trouble," he warned, sitting back against the stage, watching with sparkling eyes as you collected the empty beer bottles, making quite a show of your distant steps as you shifted around the scattered cushions that were stolen from broken barstools for the group to sit on. "I know where you live," he mused and shook his head when you stuck your tongue out as a reply before scurrying off into the back to retrieve more of the good beer from his hidden stash.

Sirius missed the pairs of eyes that followed his every move once it was only the four of them, Remus' strumming coming to a halt while he watched his friend pull a cigarette from his pocket, attention still far from the room as he listened to you singing one of the songs he'd performed during his set.

"Pads," James began, looking at Remus for confirmation to continue before moving his body and Lily's into a more functional position.

"What?" Sirius hummed, pausing with the unlit cigarette between his lips when he found everyone to be looking at him, instantly sighing when he realized where this was heading. "I don't want to hear it," he defended instantly, waving a hand in the air before making a motion to demand Remus give him a lite.

"Well, you're going to," Lily was the one to speak, pushing herself away from James to steal the lighter from Remus before Sirius could get it. "Sirius Black, you're either completely blind or dafter than I realized because that girl is so in love with you it's sickening," the utter bluntness of her statement took Sirius by surprise, the scoff from his lips coming out breathless as he looked away.