Chapter 4: The Hunt Begins

Start from the beginning

Kai chuckled softly. He replied strangely, "Oh, just the usual trouble and chaos. I couldn't ignore the strong energy coming from the amulet you wear."

The Fox in a Suit reached into his pocket to get the amulet of Seonhwa. "Yes, it is a formidable artifact," Minwoo admitted, feeling the amulet's weight in his hand.

Kai looked at me with wide, interested eyes. "I've heard stories about how it can fulfill wishes," he said, sounding very interested. "But we both know that this kind of power often comes with a price."

Minwoo nodded once he realized the gravity of the situation. "Yes, the amulet does need a trade, some kind of balance," he agreed, thinking back to the stories about how powerful the amulet is.

Minwoo became interested, so he asked Kai, "And what do you hope to find from the charm, Kai? You're strong enough."

Kai's grin widened, suggesting mischief. "Ah, Minwoo, you're always so interested," he joked. "The more important question is: What are your plans for the amulet? You can keep it for yourself, or you can use its power to find Haejin...."

When Haejin, his first love from many years ago, was brought up, Minwoo felt a pain in his heart. A lot of different feelings came up for him when he thought about using the amulet to find her. "I... I'm not sure," he admitted, feeling heavy with the decision he had to make. "But I can't let it get into the wrong hands."

Kai nodded to show that he got it. He agreed, "Truly, the amulet's power is too great to be messed with. "Minwoo, remember that every wish has a consequence. Think about your decision."

After saying those strange words, Kai disappeared into the dark, leaving Minwoo to think about what they had talked about. When the Fox in a Suit made his choice about the amulet, he knew it would have big effects on him and the people around him.

As Minwoo walked through the Seoul alleys, he couldn't shake the feeling that Detective Jiyeon was right behind him. As time went on, he felt more uneasy, which made him speed up, always trying to be one step ahead.

At the museum, Detective Jiyeon and Detective Han-neul Oh carefully looked over the scene for any signs that could help them find the thief. They were determined to get back the amulet that had been stolen and catch the Fox in a Suit.

Detective Jiyeon said, "Even though the amulet's powers are still wearing off, we need to find any proof that the thief was here."

Detective Han-neul Oh nodded his head, yes, and looked around the room for anything strange. He promised, "We will find them, Jiyeon," and his voice was full of strong determination.

Detective Jiyeon's attention was suddenly drawn to a sparkle. As she got closer to the display case, the sight of a fingerprint on the glass made her heart beat faster.

"Look at this!" she yelled, pointing to the image. "This could be our lead."

Detective Han-neul Oh nodded, and his eyes became more focused. "Let's send this to the lab for analysis," he suggested as he quickly grabbed his phone to call for help.

Detective Jiyeon couldn't shake the feeling that the Fox in a Suit was always one step ahead while he was gathering proof. For some reason, she felt like she had to hurry, and her heart was racing because she had to catch the thief before time ran out.

She had no idea that the Fox in a Suit had already acted while he thought about how serious his choice of the charm was. The search for the stolen treasure had just begun in Seoul, a strange and interesting city.

***

Kai's words kept going through Minwoo's mind as he quickly moved through the city streets. It was an exciting evening. The tanuki was right when he said that Minwoo was getting close to his 1,000th year, which is a big deal for Kitsunes. Kitsunes get their ninth tail and change into tenko when they reach a certain age. In a few more years, he would be smarter and stronger than before.

He couldn't get rid of the thought, which was a clear sign that a big change was about to happen. The gravity of the situation weighed him down a lot. Everything that needed his attention—the amulet, the heist, and Detective Jiyeon—needed meticulous planning and careful consideration.

Minwoo could feel the city's lively energy wrapping around him as he walked. This was a clear example of how life and magic are related in Seoul. Kai had told him not to waste a thousand years of waiting.

Minwoo's senses were sharpened as he walked through the twisting streets. He was always on the lookout for any sign that someone was following him. Still, there was a persistent feeling of being watched. While he was in Seoul, he had other things to think about besides avoiding Detective Jiyeon. Mythical beings lived in the city, and some saw him as competition, while others saw him as a possible partner.

Hidden secrets lingered in the city's shadows, bringing to mind old feuds and alliances, lost powers, and stories from the future. The Fox in a Suit, Minwoo, was in the middle of everything. He was at a key point and could feel the weight of his decisions pressing down on him like a thick coat.