II

Today Ciara was tasked with teaching Percy to ride a Pegasus. But each one threw him off when he cried to fly, honestly, he was lucky he hasn't broken anything.

"This is stupid. I can't do anything!" Percy groaned as he once again, got thrown off.

"You're doing great" Ciara lied, before continuing. "you just need to get used to it. It's still all new to you, you just need to train and practise. I mean, I remember when I first came to camp, I was about 10 I think. I always got thrown off the Pegasus. You just need to find one you're comfortable with" she said.

"You're way nicer then Clarisse" Percy said as he grabbed a drink of water. Ciara smiled a bit and chuckled. "Clarisse can be nice sometimes, you just have to catch her in a good mood" Ciara replied.

"Why do you always do everything she says. You know you don't have to, right? You scared of her or something" Percy chuckled and joked as he drank almost all his water. He got up and went to pat a Pegasus but it sneezed in his face. Ciara held back her laughter.

She gave Percy a rag laughing quietly, as Percy wiped his face. One Pegasus in particular caught his eye. A really beautiful black male Pegasus, he was gorgeous. "What's that one's name?" Percy asked pointing to the black Pegasus.

"That's BlackJack, he's Luke's Pegasus. No one except him is allowed to touch him, Luke says" she said. Luke was super nice, but he could also be pretty bossy sometimes.

Percy was looking at the Pegasus, blackjack really was very beautiful. He had a black coat, and fluffy wings as well.

Ciaras mind went back to what Percy said, "do you always do what Clarisse says?". She started thinking back to when she was elementary school, she was sitting on the oval, in grade 2.

FLASHBACK

Ciara and a few of her friends were sat in a circle playing and making flower crowns. Having fun and giggling. She noticed the girls starting to whisper, they then got up, Ciara went to get up to to join them but they stopped her.

"Sorry, it's a private talk" Zaria, the main girl said. She had dark blue eyes and brunette hair brushed back into a high pony tail. She was in charge of who came into the friend group and stuff.

Ciara nodded and sat back down, awkwardly picking the grass as the girls walked over to the football poles and whispering looking back at Ciara. She then heard one of them say her name, she looked up at them and they nudges one girl, Nala.

"It's not you, we're not talking about you. It's a different Ciara" Zaria said. Ciara nodded, she knew they were taking about her. There wasn't any other Ciara in their grade, there was a few Kirra-lees, Kimmy, Chloe. Not Ciara, she was the only one.

She looked down and picked at the grass. She felt like she was almost about to cry, which seemed a bit pathetic. But she was only 8, she always felt left out. All her friends always left her, just like her mom abandoned her.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Ciara?" Percy said and waved in her face as she zoned out, she looked at him. "You okay?" He asked, Ciara gave a smile and nodded. She looked over at the arena seeing Clarisse train. She waved bye to Percy who had to go talk to Dionysus and Chiron.