Chapter 13: Surprises!

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): Ah, Reine-san, dinner's ready.

I nod at him before taking a seat beside Tohka. Then, (Y/N) serves me a cup of hot coffee.

(Y/N): Here's your coffee.

Reine: Thank you.

(Y/N): No problem.

(Y/N) takes a seat next to me, and we all eat together. As we eat, I notice Tohka, Yoshino, Kaguya, and Yuzuru engaged in conversation with (Y/N), their voices blending into a cheerful chorus. However, upon closer observation, I realize that (Y/N) seems to be zoning out, his gaze distant and his responses absent-minded.

Tohka: (Y/N), today I learned something new.

Yoshino: I-i made new friends.

Kaguya: Kukuku, our classmates admire Yuzuru and me.

Yuzuru: Report: We dominate everyone in sports class.

Despite their efforts to engage him, (Y/N) remains lost in his thoughts, his attention seemingly elsewhere. Seeing no response from (Y/N), the girls stop talking. Concern flickers on their faces as they watch him.

Tohka: (Y/N)?

Tohka calls out to him with a gentle shake, successfully snapping him out of his trance. He turns to Tohka with a curious and apologetic face.

(Y/N): Sorry, I wasn't listening. What were you saying?

Yoshinon: Ara~ are you feeling unwell again?

Tohka: (Y/N)! Are you going to get sick again?!

Tohka says in worry while leaning close to (Y/N). Then Yoshino speaks shyly but with determination.

Yoshino: Um... if you're feeling hot, I can cool you down.

Yoshino then manifests a small piece of ice the size of her palm.

Kaguya: Kukuku, if you're sick, then you should stay in bed. Don't worry about a thing, I will nurse you back to health, my servant.

Yuzuru: Question: Should we call for assistance?

Their voices carry a hint of worry, causing a slight panic to ripple through the group. Sensing their concern, (Y/N) tries to calm them down but does little to ease them. I interject calmly, placing a reassuring hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

Reine: Let me check on him, it might just be fatigue or stress.

With a nod of acknowledgment from the girls, I guide (Y/N) to a quieter corner of the room, away from prying eyes and curious whispers. Taking a moment to assess his condition, I inquire softly.

Reine: (Y/N), is everything alright? You seem a bit preoccupied. If something's bothering you, you can talk to me about it.

It's been a couple of weeks since the Yamai sisters decided to stay with (Y/N) to seduce him. Ever since returning here, (Y/N) occasionally zones out when no one talks to him, and I sometimes see him using his laptop late at night when he's alone.

(Y/N): I'm alright, Reine-san.

He smiles at me reassuringly.

(Y/N): I'm just a little tired from school.

Despite (Y/N)'s attempt to reassure me with his smile, a nagging sense of concern lingers in my mind. His occasional zoning out and late-night laptop sessions are starting to become a pattern, one that I can't help but notice. As much as I want to trust his words, the signs of something weighing on his mind are becoming more apparent.

Reine: If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you, (Y/N).

Though he may brush off his concerns, I want him to know that I'm willing to listen whenever he's ready to open up. We return to the living room and continue our dinner.