chapter 4-The escape to freedom

Running to the secret passage Mason shouted to hide,it was located behind a curtain. Of course it is my sarcastic mind barked as I peeled back the velvet cotton covering the wooden door and stepping inside. Strangely enough it was already open.Someone must have gotten through as curiosity too over I stepped inside.
I crept further hearing screams above me without looking were I walked straight through a huge Cobweb as it brushed past my hair tickling every strand making the hair on my neck stand sending a chilling sensation down my spine.Pausing i used my vampire senses to detect whoever was down here with me my ears picked up  a young girl crying ,palms over her face and crouched down onto the floor,her hair like shadows on deaths cloak  as it spiralled down her back her short light blue dress was loose. Gently approaching her shoulder in a light manner she removed her hands away from her face.
There staring widely at my eyes she knew I was a vampire as she gasps and stumbles back with her arms against her chest in fright "please don't hurt me I will give you anything you want but please don't kill me" as she pleaded. I moved closer to the girl "I'm not like them I won't hurt you please follow me and I will lead you out of this place" i whispered and held my hand out for her to reach she croaked  " how do I know your not going to tell them I'm down here and tell them to kill me?"  I grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to me without hurting her and mumbled "because I'm not like them guys and if you want us to both live we have got to get out of here!". Running as slowly as possible so she could catch up we found the door as I was about to step outside a loud crash echoed the room "quick run they are here!!" .

Green,green,green never ending running to freedom was the only option I had,having the courage to leave your loved one behind crushed every part of my soul,he was gone regret showed over my body as I carried this girl to safety of getting hurt or captured I found the nearest place I could think of ....home.