Monalise and Rafael

Start from the beginning

I needed to act now.

Once I was done, I walked back down the stairs to the living room. Georgie was out cold but Levi was still up sipping his glass of scotch. He was on his phone when I walked in so he hadn't seen me walk over to my chair.

"Did I really take that long?"

Levi looked up from his drink, realizing I had come back from changing. His lack of awareness was not lost on me. The scotch was starting to affect him. He locked his phone before tucking it behind him. I made sure to watch where exactly he put it because I would be needing it later.

He cleared his throat. "No. I think he had too much."

I shook my head with a smile. "Can't say I'm upset. He was talking way too much." I grabbed the remote and pressed play, not giving him an opportunity to respond.

Throughout the episode I kept my eyes glued on him while he kept his stuck to the TV. I watched every little sip, jolt, foot tap—- everything, waiting for the perfect moment to attack.

We were on the last episode and I was beginning to abort the mission because he wasn't budging when I caught his eyes shut in the corner of my eyes. I sat up and looked over at him. The slow rise of his chest indicated he was sleeping. His empty glass was still in his hand which told me he wasn't fully asleep. He could still be roused awake by any little sound.

I threw the blanket off of me as quietly as I could and set my feet on the ground. I turned my body so I was watching him now, waiting for the glass to hit the carpet so that I could make my move.

Georgie moved in his sleep making me temporarily take my eyes off of Levi. He was trying to get more comfortable in his spot from what I could tell. Once he was no longer moving, I looked back over at Levi. The glass was still in his hand but his grip was looser than before. I couldn't wait for him any longer.

Taking in a deep breath, I mustered the courage to stand from the chair. My legs felt like they were shaking but I ignored the feeling. I walked past both men as quiet as I could. My armpits were so itchy from how nervous I was. I didn't look back as I walked quickly past the kitchen towards the garage.

I pulled the door open slowly and was happy when the door did not make a sound. I shut the door just as quietly behind me so there wouldn't be any surprises. 

I felt around in the dark for awhile before my hands connected with a wall. I ran my hands along it until I found something that felt like a light. I was happy when the light came on. 

To my surprise, the garage was spotless. Where there had been a huge bloody mess just days before looked like it never happened. I felt a shiver going up my spine thinking about his death and his lifeless eyes. He was the second dead body I'd ever seen up close and for some reason, it didn't make it any easier. Not even a stain was left behind. It was like he never existed. 

I noticed a door on the side of the garage that looked like it led to the outside. I walked over to it, hoping it would be this easy to just leave.  I pulled and pushed on the door with all my strength to no avail. The door must have been dead bolted from the outside.

I sighed in defeat but decided I came too far to just lose so easily. I looked around hoping to find some button that would let the garage up. I saw the power box and a few other switches but nothing that attached to the garage door. I was sure that was a fire hazard and no morally righteous contractor would ever build a home without one but I wasn't going to dwell on it.

"Fuck!" I whispered, annoyed. Levi covered his tracks well I should have known he would have with all the free reign I had to walk around.

I headed back inside, with hopes I could find another way. I could hear the TV playing a trailer which told me that the show was done. I stayed silent, listening out for anyone that might have been awake. When I didn't hear anything, I went back to searching for a way out.