𝟔 | 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞

The rest of the day was uneventful for the angel, and she walked to her room. Before getting ready to sleep, she wrote a letter to Adam, as she promised she would and after rolling it up, gave it to the dove who was patiently waiting. Soon after that, she went to bed, exhausted from the busy day she had.

The next morning came quickly and after getting ready, the young angel walked downstairs to see Angel Dust on the phone while a couple people were looking at him worried.

The spider demon, Angel Dust, was called for an 'emergency shoot' at work, and even though [Y.N] requested to come with, interested about his line of work, he insistently declined and refused to elaborate why. With one of the residents gone, Vaggie decided it would be a good idea to take out Charlie on a date, since they couldn't do exercises without him and they haven't had any time alone yet.

[Y.N] was left with the company of Husk and Sir Pentious, since Niffty was off cleaning the rooms upstairs and Alastor was nowhere to be seen. The cat demon was currently behind the bar, reading some sort of magazine with a bottle of booze in his hand, so she decided not to bother him. Instead, she approached the snake who was currently giving a lecture to his egg creatures.

The short girl came to stand next to him, the eyes of Sir Pentious' minions falling onto her thus ignoring the man beside her. He noticed this and turned to look at the cause of this ignorance, and was surprised to see the pretty girl that has been occupying his thoughts since her arrival.

"Oh, [Y.N]!" His eyes lit up and he looked back towards the egg boys. "Go, um... Clean my chambers!" The little creatures scattered off, almost stumbling onto one another.

"Say, Pentious, do you play pool?" She smiled kindly towards the man, which caused him to smile back enthusiastically.

He put a hand on his heart dramatically, looking off into the distance proudly. "But of course! I am nothing but the best at pool!" He looked back at her with a proud smirk on his face.

"Wow, that's amazing!" The angel's eyes sparkled. "I noticed a pool table next to the rooms upstairs, would you want to play with me? I'm not very good, I only watched people play but I thought it could be fun!"

"Do not worry, my dear!" He put his hand on the girl's shoulder, smirking. "I will teach you everything I know."

Meanwhile, the bartender bothered to look up from his 'literature' and was observing the conversation of the two, slightly amused by Pen's obvious efforts to charm the girl and her oblivious replies to his so called flirting. He stood up while the two smiled idiotically at each other and walked over, standing next to the girl as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, which surprised the angel at first but after recognizing that it was Husk, she leaned into him comfortably.

"You don't mind if I joined, right?" He looked at Sir Pentious with a smug look on his face, excited about the friendly competition between him and the dramatic man.

Obviously he wasn't going to let him get one on one time with the angel while he was around, even though he wasn't particularly into the bet the three men made, he still liked to see the sour look of defeat on the snake's face.

"No, not at all." The taller man balled his fists, keeping a fake smile on his face as he turned around to walk towards the direction of the pool table.

"This is going to be so much fun!" The young angel exclaimed, Husk's arm still wrapped around her shoulder, leading her.

While they were setting up the game, Husk came up with the brilliant idea of splitting into teams of two, the first one being Sir Pentious, and the second being him with the angel. She agreed, since all of Pentious' boasting about his skills on the way there convinced her that he would be a very good player, while Husk kept himself humble, saying he has not played in a really long time. The snake demon was upset with this development, but decided to keep it to himself.

Niffty came to spectate, because she was way too tiny to be able to play herself, but she drew up a scoreboard on the chalkboard on the wall, taking the role of scorekeeper. 

Sir Pentious started off the game, sending the white ball into the cluster of the colored ones, sending them into all directions, without one actually falling into one of the six holes. Despite that, he earned an applause from the angel, which caused his cheeks turning pink.

Husk took a swig from his bottle and put it down on a nearby table, choosing one of the easier balls to shoot down. He lined up his shot and with a calculated hit, he scored, which earned him an even louder applause from [Y.N] and a pat on the back.

"Nicely done! It means it's your turn again, right?" She spoke, smiling at the bartender who nodded in response, already lining the cue stick to hit another ball.

The angel observed his eyes and body movement closely, trying to pay attention so she can try and do the same thing when it's her turn. She watched as he pulled the cue back and hit the white ball hard, causing a chain reaction of the balls which made them all scatter across the table.

It was Pentious' turn again, and he walked one big circle around the pool table to see which ball he is best off hitting. Once he found a purple ball close to a hole, perfectly lined up for an easy shot, he rolled up his sleeves and squinted his eyes. He swung his cue stick but the white ball went past the purple one, falling into the hole without touching anything.

"Shit." He cursed to himself silently, listening to Husk chuckle. He cleared his throat, an idea coming to mind immediately. "I am only making it easier for you, since I will win anyways." He picked up the cue ball and gave it to the angel, that looked back at him confused.

"You have a free ball," Said Husk. "it means you can put it anywhere on the table."

The angel looked at all the colored balls left and felt a bit of anxiety creep up onto her, she wasn't sure where to put it, or how to even shoot the ball well. Husk, watching her eyes darting across the table, smiled to himself and threw a quick, smug look towards Pentious before he came closer to the angel.

"May I?" He reached his hand out to her and she nodded, letting him take the cue ball.

He put it down on the table, lining up a shot that should be easy enough for her to take. But as he watched the girl prop her cue stick up wrong, which would make her absolutely miss he went with a different approach.

Husk stood behind the girl, putting his right hand over hers, and his left hand wrapping around her to hold her other hand. The sudden closeness made the angel's breath hitch as he rested his head on her shoulder to get a better view.

"So, you want to grab the front like this, it's a lot more stable that way." He demonstrated as the girl nodded. "And you always want to hit the center of the ball, so it goes straight." His hold on the girl's hands became more gentle, letting her control her own movements but it lingered. "Try it."

The girl took a deep breath and pulled her stick back and pushed it back to the front with force. Since she lined up her shot well and her hold on the stick was stable, it hit the ball right where she wanted, putting a smile on the girl's face. Everyone around her watched the ball travel towards the hole with perfect trajectory but it lost it's speed right before it could go in.

After making sure nobody saw, Husk spread his wings and he flapped them once, sending a concentrated gush of air towards the pool table which was enough to send the ball straight down.

"I did it! I scored!" The girl exclaimed, cheering for herself.

Sir Pentious clapped, excited for the angel and he came closer to give her a celebratory high five and say some words of encouragement, but he was stopped in his tracks as she turned around to hug Husk, while he ruffled her hair in return.

"Thanks, Husk! I really appreciate it." She chuckled.

The snake demon's face turned sour, feeling a pang in his heart as he watched the two embrace, noticing Husk's mischievous eyes looking back at him. The sudden jealousy surprised Pentious, since he hasn't felt that feeling in a really long time, in a romantic sense. Despite this, he put a smile back on his face as he saw the girl turn towards him, smiling because of her victory.

"Well done, [Y.N]."

˚₊‧꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

TELL A FRIEND TO TELL A FRIEND

SHEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK