𝟓 | 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

"Why should I care if she had a couple drinks. It's not my problem, she can handle herself."

Adam said nonchalantly, waving his hand in the air, but the aggressive tapping of his foot and the fact that he has been re-reading the letter the angel sent for the past thirty minutes told Lute otherwise. The latter rolled her eyes with annoyance and snatched the paper that was delivered by Adam's dove.

"Great! That means we can finally move on." She said, eyeing the man in front of her who was mumbling to himself, completely ignoring the exterminator who was forced to sit and listen to the first man talking to himself.

"I can't believe she was so reckless, does she know how dangerous that could've been?" He gasped, his eyes widening. "What if those sick fucks forced her to drink? I swear I will fucking kill ever-"

Lute groaned with annoyance. "Sir, we can't go through with another extermination. The Seraphim said that as long as [Y.N] is down there, we have to stay up here and wait for her verdict." She ended and watched as Adam rolled his eyes and with a quick swipe of his hand grabbed the letter from her.

"Don't take my letters, bitch."

Meanwhile, the before mentioned angel was walking alongside Alastor, slowly making their way back to the hotel. The dove appeared from a cloud in the sky and descended until [Y.N] caught it gently in her arms, the little bird looked tired as it immediately put its head down, its wings spread as the angel felt the dove's tiny heart quickly thumping against her palm.

The angel giggled as she placed a soft kiss on the top of the dove's head, a light glow emitting from the bird as it rose again, looking full of energy. "That trip must've exhausted you, I'm sorry, little one."

"You have healing abilities?" Alastor asked, watching from the side curiously as the dove flew up to rest on the girl's head, staring at the man walking beside her.

"Oh no, not really, I can help with exhaustion. Healing abilities would be kind of useless in Heaven since nobody would need them." She chuckled to herself, earning an eyebrow raise from Alastor. "I can do a lot of things but in general I'm pretty weak, I can't perform miracles like some other angels, just some... light magic."

They walked up the entrance of the hotel, Alastor opening the door for the angel, letting her in. The lobby was filled with all the residents but one, Sir Pentious. The princess of Hell soon ran up to the angel, hugging her tightly, which confused the girl.

"[Y.N]! We're so glad you're safe! We thought something bad happened to you." The blonde hugged the angel as tightly as she could, letting out a sigh of relief. "Pentious was so worried that he went out to look for you!"

"Pentious? Oh no, I am so sorry I caused you all such distress, I was simply out on a walk with Alastor." She turned to look at the demon but he was nowhere to be seen, Charlie nodded and put a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"We're about to do some exercises, would you like to watch?"

[Y.N] took a seat on the couch, taking out a notebook and a pen to be able to make notes as she watched Charlie explain today's workshop. Sir Pentious soon joined the bunch, pushing the door with a defeated look on his face. But when he saw the angel sitting safely on the couch his eyes sparkled with joy.

"Oh, [Y.N]! It's so good to see you!" He grabbed the angel's hand in his, looking to see if she has any injuries on her body but then remembering that she can't actually get injured, well... so he thought.

The girl giggled, sharing a kind smile with the snake demon. "It's very good to see you too, Pentious."

She pat his hand and as the man looked at their hands, a small blush crept upon his cheeks. He cleared his throat, flustered, and decided to use the workshop as an excuse to get away from angel. When in reality, he didn't want her to see him blushing. As he joined the rest of the group, Angel nudged Husk and they shared a quiet laugh, chuckling at the demon's reaction.

The point of the workshop was to compliment each other and give each other a point of improvement, with the people first telling someone what they are already doing well, and then saying something they could work on. The angel loved this idea and she listened to everyone carefully.

As points of improvement most people said the same thing for a specific person. For Pentious it was to 'build less killing machines', and for Angel it was to be 'less horny'. The girl noted it down, mostly for herself, not thinking that she would actually use all this information in court, but she thought it might come handy in the future.

"Charlie," Angel Dust started, the girl tearing up already because of the compliments she heard so far. "I think it's great how you can see the good in everyone and I compliment you for your determination." Charlie sniffed, wiping away a tear from her eye while Vaggie pet her head comfortingly. "As a point of improvement, well... I think you could use your... authority a lot more."

The princess thanked the pornstar and soon the workshop ended, a light feeling of happiness filling the lobby, which made the angel sitting on the couch feel warm inside. Angel Dust left, having to go to work and everyone went back to their jobs, Niffty killing roaches around the lobby and Husk tending the bar.

[Y.N] decided to speak to Husk, taking a seat by the bar and putting her closed notebook down. As the car bartender noticed her, he raised an eyebrow in confusion, not expecting to see the pure creature back for another drink.

"Can I help you with anything?" He asked, leaning over the bar.

"Hmm, could I maybe have some water? My throat is feeling a bit dry." She requested, smiling as the bartender who nodded and grabbed a glass, pouring some cold water into it and setting it on the counter.

For a moment she just sipped the water and watched the man, curiosity taking over her as she looked at all the details of his wings. Husk noticed and although self conscious, he smirked to himself knowing he might actually have a chance at winning the dumb bet he made.

"Your wings are so beautiful, you know?" She pointed at his wings, that fluttered a tiny bit as a response. "I've never seen ones that are so colorful, with so much personality! In Heaven, everyone besides the exorcists has white wings and the most color you can see on them is a faint pastel that is barely visible."

"Sounds boring." Husk picked up a glass from the washer and started drying it with a cloth, eyeing down the angel.

She shrugged, thinking to herself. "I guess, now that I've seen how it is down here, I could say that Heaven lacks color." She chuckled and she pulled out the unopened box from her new phone.

She pulled off some tapes and opened the box to reveal a brand new phone which she took in her hands, beginning to set up her preferences. After she got through questions such as the language, and her name, the phone's screen glitched a bit and there was another question in an unusual font, some letters disappearing and appearing again.

The angel furrowed her eyebrows as she read the text "Set location settings to 'always on'?" with the option to agree and disagree below. Husk noticed her distressed face and then looked over at her phone, gently grabbing it from her hand and reading the message himself.

"The fuck? Where'd you get this phone from?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't remember the store name, I think it was... Tech something?"

She watched as his finger hovered over the option "No" and clicked on it, a loading screen followed and then a text confirming that the location will always stay on. Husk furrowed his eyebrows and examined the phone, not finding anything unusual because it looks just like the one he owns.

"Listen, tiny, I would get a new phone if I was you, this is some freaky shit." He put the phone down on the counter, watching the girl pick it up again and sigh.

"I don't have Hell's currency on me and this phone was given to me for free." She made eye contact with the bartender. "I don't think the person from the store would give me a new one for free, but even if he did it wouldn't feel right for me to take advantage of his kindness."

Husk nodded, thinking to himself how he takes advantage of people almost every day when he gambles. "Suit yourself. Either way, you should be safe at the hotel, even if someone comes to kidnap you."

The girl's wings sunk, a worried look on her face as she hugged her new phone for comfort. "Someone is going to kidnap me?" Husk chuckled in response, finding her scared face amusing.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you."