Special chapter 7

Začít od začátku

Soon both of them left and I was....still processing a lot. And damn did I blame myself again for it. Of course I did. What an idiot I was. It's almost as if I destroyed the last bit of happiness for her.

What kind of a monster I was back then?

No. I'm not gonna let her think about her birthday like that. She needs to know how special she is to me. That how grateful I and for her being in this world and that she is a blessing in my life.

I need to do something very important now.

So that I can make up for my idiotic mistakes.

I go inside the office and enter Tyler's cabin. "Hey Ty, I need your help".

-

"Please guys, I need you to help me out with this one". I request Ryan, Ash and Claire.

"I don't know Kyle....we don't wanna upset Sophia but we understand your side too". Ash says making me sigh. I know that I'm literally making a decision which might cause a fight but I really don't want to give up right now.

"It's all part of the surprise. I need you to distract her the entire day. You guys can take her out for lunch while I prepare a small candlelight dinner. I promise I won't go overboard and overwhelm her. Please....I want to make up for my mistakes..."

All of them had a look of sympathy on their faces. I know I can do this at anytime of the year but it's her birthday for fucks sake. How can I let her feel that her special day isn't worth it?

"Alright, We'll keep her busy till then, text us when you're ready so we can drop her back". Claire says to which I let out a sigh of relief.

"Also Kyle...thank you so much for telling us this. You're really a good man for our tiger. You told us a really important thing about her and we're grateful you didn't hide it from us". Ash says with a soft smile.

"Thanks guys...thanks for giving me a chance".

-

Oh god why am I feeling so nervous? It's not like we never had dinner together before. But this time it's different. I can feel my insides coiling as I patiently waited for her to come to the rooftop of the hotel where I planned this dinner.

Message notification from Ryan :

Hey, we just dropped her in front of the hotel.

I text back with an okay. Here it is, Kyle, make it up for being an absolute idiot. It was going to be midnight in 40 minutes and her birthday too. Please let it go smoothly.

I have a big surprise for her. I don't know if she's gonna appreciate it or not but something tells me that she will. She needs to know this. And damn did this take so much energy.

Soon I saw the door opening and her entering the rooftop and god dammit, she looked breathtaking as always. Her hair was all fluffed up as she wore her simple cargo pants with an oversized hoodie. Even in such simple outfits, she looked so mesmerizing.

She was visibly surprised to see me here. To keep her comfortable, I was too wearing a pair of baggy jeans, a shirt and a denim jacket.

"Kyle? What's all this for?" She asks as she comes near me. I didn't waste a second and scooped her in my arms, inhaling her calming scent.

"I missed you so much baby". I whisper, feeling her wrap her arms around me and snuggled close. Dammit no where in this world I can find this level of peace. No where. She's my comfort.

"I missed you too silly". I felt her smile against me, felt her recharging me and felt her making my world light up even more. She pulls back slightly, feeling confused.