Karma

She was sitting very restlessly. Holding a remote control in her hand she curled her legs on the sofa and irritatedly was changing channels. She felt confused, worried and helpless.

On the screen of smart tv an ad was running with loud music. She was watching the screen absent mindedly where alongwith the ad the statement " Use of unregistered sim is a crime by law - PTA" was written. She did not even realise that she had pressed the pause button and the ad had paused there. She was so lost that she did not even realise this.

Just then she saw Fatima Begum at the door. She was entering the room tiredly. Haya threw the remote and stood up quickly.

"What was it? Why did Saima tai call?" She restlessly came closer to her mom.

"The people who came that day for Irum's proposal.." she said exhaustedly and sat on the sofa.
"Yes, what about them?" With a feircely beating heart she sat near her mom.

"They refused, infact they were settled on this proposal."

Haya's heart sank deep.

"Why?" Why did they refuse? She started feeling breathless.

"They didn't give any reason. They have suddenly refused. Saima bhabhi was very upset. "

"But they must have said something!"

"Only this that by making a free thinking and unveiled girl their daughter in law, they don't want to spoil their aakhira."

She got stunned. The statement she heard a few days ago from tai echoed in her ears.

"When Furqan strictly said we don't want to spoil our aakirah by getting that unveiled and free thinking girl in our family, thst is when he agreed."

Was this called Karma? People who raise their fingers on other people's daughters, so they meet with the same fate? Is revenge taken immediately? But she wasn't happy. If anyone came to know of that incident she is the one who will get tainted. For Irum her mom would say "Haya has spoiled her" and would escape. And the incident could be leaked even now. That video was still present on the internet.
"Anyway, Irum has no shortage of proposals!"

Fatima Begum stood and walked towards the kitchen while she fell on the sofa. On the tv screen that advertisement was still paused. She was just looking at it blankly.

" Use of unregistered sim is a crime by law - PTA"
Now maybe Irum will never get any proposals. And even if anyone comes the same thing will happen and not everyone is like them to cover the matter. If someone discloses the incident in front of the family!!! Oh God!!!!!!! Where will they go? She was absent mindedly looking at tge screen when she suddenly jolted from her thoughts.

" Use of unregistered sim is a crime by law - PTA"
A lightning struck her brain! Oh God!! Why didn't she think of this before? She sprung up and rushed towards the door.