Two faced relatives

"Amma, I am going to help Saima tai in the kitchen ." 
Haya informed her mom and her mom acknowledged in return.

She was about to enter the kitchen when she heard Saima Tayi speaking " As if I don't know who she is trying to impress. And she had only my boys to make crazy."
Haya suddenly stopped.. who were they talking about?
"That is what I am saying bhabhi, why does Raza always keep saying Haya Haya."

Haya heard her name and got stunned.

"The last time we went to Sulaiman bhai's house she was so stylishly dressed..Since then Raza has been pestering me to ask for her hand. "

Abida chachi was saying angrily..

"This girl knows how to attract young men Abida! It was so difficult to convince Dawar that she is not the right girl. He was very adamant that he wants to marry only Haya. But when Furqan said we don't want to spoil our aakirah by getting that be-pardah (who don't observe veil/covering head) and free thinking girl in our family, that is when he got convinced. And now this Faruq!! What do I do about this boy!! And now she will come to trap my boy and he will again start arguing for her. Now look at my daughter Irum, she never dares to leave her house without covering her head." (🙄)

Saima tayi was saying all this and she was standing by the wall dazed... She thought if she heard any further she will loose control , so she turned away to return to the function.
Faruq was laughing with his cousins when suddenly he saw Haya and stopped. He smiled warmly at her. Faruq was a decent guy...but the question was not about his decency or Haya not taking her veil....the real thing....everyone knew about it.  Then how could Faruq even think about something like this?

She swept a glance over Faruq and went and sat beside her mom on the sofa. "What happened?"Fatima (Haya's mom) asked.
"Nothing amma"
Haya became normal very quickly.

She was very shocked at what she had heard. Saima tai always addressed her as 'Haya meri jaan' and Taya always considered her as his elder daughter...and behind her back this is what they thought about her, this she could never imagine!
So those roses and cards....?? Did these guys send them? But no one knew about Sabanci University..

No matter how much she thought about it, it looked very unlikely that any of these guys would send her..since they were so busy with their jobs.

She truly felt it wasn't either Faruq aur Raza...whoever it was let him go to hell. First she had to fix their brains. She got up and went towards Irum.
" Irum!"
She asked while standing.
"What?"
"Have you sent the wedding invitation to Sabin phuphu?" 
She secretly glanced towards Faruq and Raza.. They were surprised at her question and looked displeased.
" Phuphu's card was given to Sulaiman chacha and he must have sent it. Dad even called her personally..but will she come?"

"She has to come. After all she is closely related. If not to you all, atleast we have a very close relation."

She deliberately stressed the details and looked at Faruq and Raza. They looked like they were lost in some thoughts.

"Haya, meri jaan! This Irum is of no use. You are understanding. You have to take care of the table. As soon as you see that a dish is emptying you have to signal Zafar (cook). "

" Sure Tayi, I will take care"
She smiled sarcastically and began serving.

They organised a buffet..so everyone could take whatever they liked and eat while standing.

" Taya jaan, you haven't taken the salad" Haya came towards Taya and her dad who were deep in conversation and were startled when they heard her.

"Thank you, beta!"

Taya smiled and started taking salad with his spoon. He was wearing kurta pajama and had a shawl over his shoulders. His stern face had a moustache.

Opposite to his looks Sulaiman sahab was clean shave and dressed in a suit. He looked quite handsome and smart
"Abba, you too have some."

"Have you sent the invite to Sabin?" 

Maybe he was reminded of phuphu when he saw Haya.

Sulaiman sahab was taking the salad when taya asked..suddenly his hands froze and he gave a displeased look.
"Abba, will Sabin phuphu attend the wedding?"

Haya could not stop herself from asking.

" Tomorrow is mehendi. If she had to come, she would have arrived by now. In 30 years, if a woman has visited us only a few times, its for the better that she does not come now."

Taya and Haya are shocked.