ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 8

ℜ𝔞𝔫𝔯𝔬𝔨𝔰 𝔈𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫

ℜ𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔥𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔗𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔩𝔰
_________

I wake to my owl tapping on my bed frame. The loud metal can't help but raise me from the bed, to see what she wants. I take the note from in between her beak and open it.

MJ, could you please meet me in lower hogsfield.

I may know a way to take down Rookwood and Harlow.

Why is Natty even involving herself in this? It's way to dangerous to deal with a poacher ring. I guess my focus on love will have to wait and I have to start focusing on these trials. I guess I'm starting my day. I get myself ready in my normal robes, grab my wand, and I leave the doors.

The common room is filled with students conversing. I make my way down to the seating area. Ominis is at his normal spot by the window. Maybe I should talk to him. I haven't spoken with him in a few days. Ever since Sebastian and I got into it.

I make my way over to the blind boy and tap his shoulder.

"MaryJane?" He asks turning to me with a sad expression. I click my tongue and pull him into a hug. "I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you Ominis" I apologize.

"Why haven't you?" He asks a bit sadly. He puts his hands around my waist pulling me into the hug tighter. "I missed you" he sighs.

"I have just been going through a lot and I guess I've been cutting myself off from the people I care about the most... but I promise I won't do it anymore" I give him a smile and he returns it nodding. He then diverts his attention to behind me and I see rage fill his eyes. I turn to what his head was titled to, and Sebastian stands feet's away, looking at both of us. He seemed super nervous to come near us.

I wasn't sure why. After the dance, Sebastian's and I relationship flourished. That night was the best night of my, and I reckon, his, life. Something I wouldn't ever forget.

I turn back to a anger filled blind Slytherin.

"Is everything alright? Are you and Sebastian fighting?" I realized he hasn't been around Ominis as much, or maybe I haven't been. But I knew there was something off between the boys.

Ominis doesn't reply and scoffs at his friend. I lean back trying to make sense of why they seemed so weird. Sebastian started to walk away but I wanted to know why things were so secretive. I jog to the freckled boy and put my hand on his shoulder, stopping him from walking further.

"Hey... what's going on?" I ask calmly, trying to dig into whatever he was thinking or feeling. He rubs his face and turns to me with sad eyes.

"I can't talk right now. I'm sorry MJ.." he replies, shrugging my hand off his shoulder. He just shut me down so hard. Why? I turn to see a little sly smirk on the blind boys face. He must've said or did something. I shake my head at him and decided to focus on meeting Natty.

I don't even big goodbye to Ominis and I just walk out of the common room. As I'm making my way around the castle to the north exit. I'm stopped by a familiar Hufflepuff.

She cuts me off from the hall I was turning at speaks demandingly. "I need to know everything" she urges, pulling me to a bench in the hall. She turns her body and leans into to gather every word that I may say. I laugh at her actions a bit and sigh.

"Figuring your asking me that means, you already know.." I roll my eyes and lean into the wall behind me.

"I saw you guys dance in the hallway. I made Garreth distract Ominis" she grins and nudges my shoulder.