Whoever did this is not after Jaehyun.

They're after me. 

"How about Jaehyang? That fucker knows a lot about me." I said as I roamed around the meeting room. Diego was in front of me. He was sitting on his chair and drinking his favorite whiskey. 

"I know, that's why he's your mission tomorrow with the members. They'll try to find out why they invaded Sueño's first house. But of course, it's about you, and they can't know that. So, shoot him right away once he says something." Diego stated. I smirked at his wit but frowned as soon as a question lingered in my head.

"Shoot him just like that? They might suspect me." 

"You're Eight to them. Eight is hotheaded. Of course, Eight will shoot anyone who gets in her way." He replied.

I sighed and focused on looking for Jaehyun. I checked my bathroom but even there was empty. 

Confusion rose in my core.

Where the hell are th--? 

And just like that, I felt a cold, hard metal on my head. 

I discerned what it was and when I realized it was a gun I slowly rose both of my hands. 

"Who are you?" I said in between gritted teeth.

"Turn around." An unfamiliar guy spoke. 

I slowly nodded and turned my heel towards him. 

Before I even got to see his face, I grabbed his arm and twisted it. The next thing that I heard was his screams of pain and agony. I covered my body with his, in case weapons or bullets were being thrown on me. 

And I was right, a bullet flew in his chest. 

He was the one lying dead on the floor instead of me. 

I looked at the other guys in the room and saw a familiar face.

A very familiar face.

"Diego," I called in disbelief. 

"You liked my surprise, darling?" He smirked. His men were behind him, all pointing their guns at me.

"Is this a joke? Where's Jaehyun?" I said and pointed my gun at him. 

"You still don't get it, do you?" He stated, a big grin lingering on his face. 

Third Person's Point of View

Eight remained expressionless as Diego took closer steps toward her. He stopped when Eight's gun was directly in front of his heart.

"You're the target here, Eight," Diego stated, followed by his laughs. 

And with that one sentence, Eight felt like the world's despair was all poured onto her.

She was betrayed by Diego. The person who she thought was her ally.

She was fully convinced that Diego fell for her tricks and manipulations.

She was wrong and this made her angrier.

"Where's Jaehyun?" Eight asked once again. Her voice was deep in anger. 

"Oh, he's there." Diego said and pointed towards the door. Jaehyun pushed the door with his foot and smiled. His hands were in his pocket.

He was okay and he was not hurt, not a single scratch.

"Like our surprise?" Jaehyun smiled, but it was not the smile that brought comfort to Eight's dark days. It was not the same smile that was always genuine.

It was a different Jaehyun in front of Eight.

It was not Jaehyun, her only best friend.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Don't you like our surprise?" Jaehyun sarcastically asked.

"How could you." Eight said. It was not a question, it was her resentment.

"How could I?" Jaehyun chuckled. "No. How could you? How could you hide from me who you were?" 

"You're siding with this traitor just because of that?!" Eight raised her voice. 

"Just because of that?" Jaehyun's smirk was suddenly gone. It was pure anger in his face. "Do you know what your family did to mine, Eight? Or should I say Yang Haera?" He paused. "You knew me since we were kids! How could you not tell me who you were? I've been looking for the murderers of my family, it was your father all along!"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Eight could not understand anything. 

"Don't you dare deny what your father did!" Jaehyun condemned. 

"I don't know! I really don't know!" Eight answered back.

"You don't know, huh? You wanna know what he did to my parents?" Jaehyun's hands were shaking in anger. "He had your men hunt them down when they were just trying to defend themselves. He had them killed, Eight. And I witnessed it all. I was there. I was there when I saw how your men shot them dead and threw them in a river. I had to hide myself at the back of the van without saying anything. I stayed there for so many days, not leaving my position. I was wet with my own urine. I was so scared, Eight. I was scared that I might be next. I could not process anything that was happening. That's what happened, Eight. That's what your fucking father did." 

Father only had one family hunted down. A memory lingered in my head.

"Haera," Father called. I looked up and saw my father with worried eyes. It was an unusual sight. "We're leaving tonight with your mother. We're no longer safe here."

"Leaving? Like Jae-jae, Father?" I asked.

Father frowned. "Jae-jae's family is leaving, sweetie?"

"Yes, father. He told me earlier. I think they're leaving now." I answered innocently.

"You! Find them!" Suddenly, father bellowed. He walked away from me and ordered some of his men to find the Jeong Family.

"Why are you angry, Father? Did they do something wrong?" I was confused.

Father was not able to answer anymore as a big explosion shook the whole mansion.

"They're here!" One of father's men shouted. 

"It's... you? No... Jaehyun, that can't be." Eight was shocked with how she connected the dots from her past. 

"See how ruthless your father is?" He said, tilting his head.

"But you were leaving that time... how? Father wouldn't simply kill anyone. I know him, Jaehyun." Eight replied. She searched for answers in her head until she came to a realization. "Unless your family was trying to escape." 

No.

No way.

No way he's the son of the Beranios leaders.

"Are you getting it now, Eight?" Diego smiled. He was enjoying seeing Eight and Jaehyun's relationship slowly go down the hill. After all, he was the mastermind behind all of this.