Part 5

"I have a message from Tink! I ran into her on my way here and she told me that she knew how to help the tree, but she needed time." Terence had full confidence in his friend, and Queen Clarion trusted him.

"Bobble, Clank, keep handing out the blankets. Fawn, Silvermist and Vidia, you round up any animals that are left. Iridessa, Rosetta you guys help calm everyone down and get them to safe places. Terence, you keep an eye on the pixie dust. We have to hold out for Tinker Bell." Queen Clarion had to have faith.

<->

After what felt like too long, Tinker Bell came back to the Pixie Dust Tree, but she wasn't alone. She was riding Fiona and accompanied by Periwinkle, Gliss, and Spike. "Queen Clarion, they can help us." Tink jumped down and faced her. "Our frost, it covers like a blanket. It'll keep the tree alive while shutting the frost out." Periwinkle explained. "...Do what you must." Queen Clarion had nothing to lose at this point.

The frost fairies got to work, and Tinker Bells friends came back to report everything was sorted. Queen Clarion watched the frost creep closer faster and faster. Three fairies weren't enough. "I'm sorry." "It's not your fault, dear. Thank you for trying." Queen Clarion assured Periwinkle. "Wait! Look!" Silvermist pointed to something in the distance.

It was Lord Milori and the other winter fairies.

Periwinkle went to see why they were here. "You didn't think we'd let you have all the fun, did you?" Dewey said, trying to control his owl.
"If only you followed orders." Milori chuckled, "You guys start from the frost line and go inward, the rest of you cover the tree!" Lord Milori ordered.
"On it!" Sled responded. As he passed the tree, Rosetta's blanket flew off. Luckily he caught it, "Make sure you keep warm, gorgeous." Rosettas cheeks were no longer cold.

Now with all the winter fairies helping, Queen Clarion had faith. "You all go find a place to hide." She demanded. Tinker Bell almost protested until she remembered the story she heard earlier, "Let's go guys." She huddled next to Terence for warmth and comfort. Silvermist had comfort in Rosetta and Vidia, just like Fawn and Iridessa, and also Bobble with Clank.

"You should go inside as well, it's getting dangerous." Milori saw that Clarion was becoming a darker shade of yellow as she got colder. He draped his cloak over her shoulders. Despite everything, she was his roman empire and he was hers. "Thank you, Milori." "Get somewhere warm." He caressed her cheek. For a moment, they were back to being those two young fairies in love by the border. But once again, Milori pulled away from her, and his half wing brought her back to reality.

"Winter fairies, stand guard." Periwinkle was the first to follow that order.

The frost crawled up the tree like a virus, even the winter fairies shivered at the cold. The ice crackled its way up the tree and everything else around it.

<->

Sometime later, Tinker Bell and Queen Clarion decided to come out. It was cold and the pixie dust stopped flowing, but they were safe. Tink approached Terence cautiously as he stood where the dust should be. "Terence?" He couldn't look at her. Queen Clarion sympathised with the young dust keeper, it was her people she let down.

"Tinker Bell? Periwinkle?" Queen Clarion called out. "We've decided that it's not right for us to keep you apart. So you will be allowed to see each other, with the right precautions of course." Lord Milori finished.

The two sisters tightly hugged each other. Finally. Finally they are able to be together.

Like some miraculous coincidence, the sun decided to start shining through and melt some of the ice. As the ice melted, the pixie dust returned. Every fairy flew around in joy, winter fairies were included as well. "Tink? You're not joining us?" Periwinkle asked, flying down as her sister was still on the ground. "tink?" Terence whispered to himself, knowing that look on her face wasn't a good thing.

"W-What's wrong?" Periwinkle gasped when Tinker Bell took off her coat. Her wing had a tear in it. She had a broken wing. Milori wrapped an arm around Clarion, he knew she felt responsible. "When you flew to winter, that's why you fell." Peri held Tinks hands in her own.
"You should head back to winter, the ice is melting."
"But-!"
"I'll be okay. I'll meet you at the border tomorrow, and every other day." Tinker Bell motioned towards their leaders.
"...Sisters? One last time?" Periwinkle asked, her voice trembling.

The two stood back to back, aligning wings when they felt a spark again, "Jingles!" They giggled. "Tink, your wing!" Terence pointed out. It was healing. Periwinkle held up her wings again, and Tinker Bell welcomed the tingly sensation.

Seeing Tinker Bell fly around again and mingle with the other fairies was a sight for sore eyes. It was everything Clarion wanted with Milori.

"...It was my choice. You know that, right?" Milori asked, wrapping an arm around Clarion's waist.
"I do. But.."
"But you wish I didn't? I know. However I would rather lose my wings in every universe than see you suffer." Milori kissed her forehead.
"..And I guess I would rather walk with you, by your side, then fly and be further away from you." Clarion chuckled.
"Really? Because if I remember, you were the one who set the border rule in place." Clarion elbowed him sharply. They giggled at each other and shared a long deserved kiss.

"Oh, didn't expect them to smoochity smooch." The book keeper, Dewey, chucked, "But I guess that means they're telling people now."
"Awh, aren't they adorable." Rosetta swooned.
"I think your adorable." Sled murmured gazing at the garden fairy.
"Damn dude, you really do have the hots for that pink fairy." Spike teased.
"Easy for you to say. Your girl is all over you, all the time." To prove Sled's point, Gliss was stuck to Spikes arm, smiling ear to ear.
"Not funny." She glared at him.