2

"doctor said the only thing we can do is to pray for him... He lost a lot of blood..." pran silently let his tears fall...  He doesn't know when those tears dried down...  Pat was in a coma for 20 years...  Doctors told Pran to stop hoping and wasting money on him. They advised Pran to put Pat to sleep.  But having Pat breathe beside him was enough for Pran.  After Pran brought Pat into the house he bought for them. Every day He lies down beside him and puts his hand on Pat's chest...  Feeling the heartbeat.  It was enough for Pran and kid 2 kids. The kids were contained enough to share their story with Pat and call him Papa... When they were kids pran used to tell him Papa was sleeping but now that they are old enough they know what happened.  Raising the kids alone was hard...  Pran used to cry to Pat when the kids didn't listen to him or when he had to discipline them by being harsh on them.  Pran felt like Pat was patting his head and kissing his dimples...  Just like that day.  He believed Pat was still walking around the house following him like that day but he couldn't communicate.  People call him delusional so he doesn't tell this to anyone but his kids know that their dad isn't lying.  They believe that Pran saw Pat and Pat was the one who told Pran about the accident.  They know their dad is the reason why they still have a papa who listens to everything without any complaints.

"dad... Do you still love Papa? " pran smiled at his daughter's curiosity.  She also has a lover.  He just hopes she has better luck than him.

" yes...  I love him like the first day he came into my room... "

"you guys are oddball... " Pran's son said. He is still young so listening to Pran's love story always cringed him.  Pran knows Pat is getting better.  12 years ago Pat started listening to everything happening in his surroundings.  6 years ago he moved his fingers...  1 year ago Pat moved his fingers again after Pran told him how much he loved him still...  Sometimes when Pran is crying pran swears he sees Pat's tears too...  But there was nothing when he tried to wipe them.  Pran is happy. He has been in therapy for too long. Pat is happy too... Their kids are...  Well, they want Pat to recover soon... 

Pran loved his night routine of resting his head on Pat's chest and listening to his heartbeat. Synced to him. 

"pat...  You know...  It's been so long since I've heard your voice...  I wish I recorded more videos and audio of you...  I miss you a lot...  You must not know this but you are a lot fatter and older now...  You look as handsome as ever.  I love the little tummy you have.  Just like me!  I am fat too!  But I try to work out... I love you Pat...  Do you love me too? "  Pat hummed.  Pran jolted up and looked at Pat with wide eyes.  Pat had his eyes open.  He was trying to adjust to the light.  Nanon picked up his phone and called Pat's doctor while pulling his hand over Pat's eyes to block the light.

"Pat is awake" It was almost midnight but hearing his patient was awake after 20 years.  The doctor came running to their house.  Pat was staring at Pran and his kids. Pran woke them up in a hurry and brought them to Pat. Like a proud sad showing his kids off. The doctor was examining him and yelped in joy.  Pat was awake.  Healthy as ever. 

"Angela,  Ronan... this is papa...  Go greet him" Pat stared at them wide-eyed when Angela,  his eldest daughter gave him a wai and smiled at him.

"papa I'm Angela your beauty queen.  I'm sure you know my voice but now you can see my beauty too! " Pat's lips curved into a small smile.

"Hello, papa.  I'm Ronan. Your...  Strong man? Yeah...  I am strong! " ohm smiled a bit more watching his son.  Ronan got close to his ears and whispered.

"Please don't tell Dad about my crush" Pat smiled more remembering Ronan talking about his crush to him for hours. 

"Hi, Pat...  This is pran...  Your lover and their dad... I'm so glad to finally see those boba eyes. " Pat had tears in his eyes as well as pran.  Pran turned around and started talking to the doctor. Pat heard him say he was completely fine. It was a miracle. He wasn't sure how much Pat could do with his almost paralyzed legs...  But miracles could do anything. 

Pat couldn't keep his eyes away from Pran. He was still beautiful.  He was still looking handsome.  Still the same old dimple but a bit deeper because of wrinkles.  When Pran left to accompany the doctor to their door Pat looked around the room.  It was fancy...  Just like he wanted.  He had 2 kids just like he wanted. He looked at Angela and Ronan standing side by side and staring at their papa.  He tried to lift his hands to call them closer.  With a lot of strength, he lifted his hand and they both ran to each of his sides and hugged him.  Angela carefully placed Pat's hand back down and kissed his cheek.

"papa...  Thank you for coming back" Angela had tears in her eyes too.  Ronan was too young to understand but still had tears in his eyes. 

Pran was back inside the room but stood by the door and cried watching his family finally reunite.  Pat noticed Pran and tried to call him but with both of his kids on his chest, he couldn't call Pran with his hands.  He tried to call him with his voice but it came out as a whisper.

"pran... " Angela jolted up and yelled at her dad.

"dad!  Papa is calling you" Pran wiped his tears and climbed the bed. 

"call me again pat... I wanna hear your voice"

"Pran" Pran closed his eyes and broke down in tears...  Pat slowly called him again.   His vocal cord was damaged so his voice changed into sounding like he had a sore throat but Pran loved his voice. Enough Miracles happened to them but not to Pat's legs.  Pat was paralysed from his knees to his feet so he was always in wheelchairs or cluches. But nobody had any complaints about it.  After 3 years Pat was moving, eating, loving Pran and his kids once again.  He missed 20 years of his life.  He was now a middle-aged man. But he felt like he always knew everything.  When Pran talks about the day he had an accident.  Pat doesn't remember feeling pain.  He just remembers the time when he was with Pran.  He confirms that Pran isn't delusional.  He did tell Pran about his accident.  He did tell him to save him.  No one can explain how it happened.  Maybe a glitch in the matrix?  Or maybe a miracle.  Maybe Patpran is god's favourite.  Maybe their pure true love made all of those happen.

"I kept my promise Pat... "

"yes...  I see...  But where is our pet?  " Pran smiled and shook his head.  He took Pat's hands in his palm and kissed his knuckles. 

"let's get one together this time. "

"yes!" pran smiled and leaned in to capture Pat's smile on his lips.