Day 3

Melody, Angelica, and I headed towards the gelato bar, where I made sure not to kiss Melody until after Angelica apologized. Let's just say that did not work well.
While we were there walking, the first thing Melody said to me was, "Hi!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and just kissed me on the cheek. Nothing special. Then she turned to Angelica.
"Uhm..Eli? Can I talk to you in private?"
"Sure." I answered.
"What is she doing here?" She pointed directly to Angelica.
"Angelica?"
She mocked me, "Angelica..of course Angelica. Is there anyone else?"
"I'm sorry."
"Look. Angelica is amazing, but she made me do all the work for a 6 week project. She's the nicest person I know, well other than you, but sometimes she gets to be too much. If she-"
I stopped her. Right when I became friends with Angelica, people started saying nasty things about her. I haven't found those qualities in her yet. If they do come out, I'll protest to not be friends with her.
Angelica walked forward to us.
"Everything okay? If you want me to leave Melody I can."
Melody just walked past her.
"Eli. If I'm going to be a problem."
"No. I'll talk to her."
I chased after Melody.
"Melody! Wait!"
She starts crying, "YOU INVITED HER. SHE MUST HAVE TOLD YOU."
"Melody. I'm sorry. She said she just wanted to apologize."
"APOLOGIZE? ANGELICA? APOLOGIZE? ARE YOU CRAZY?"
At that moment, I knew I made a mistake. She didn't even seem embarrassed that she was yelling in the middle of an ice cream/gelato parlor.
Angelica came.
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID."
"Yes."
"YOU ALMOST KILLED MY BROTHER. YOU KILLED MY AUNT AND MY UNCLE. I JUST HAVE.."
Melody looked at me.
"Eli. Eli Trucker?"
"Yeah???"
"Your mom and dad and brother were in the same accident as my family."
"The car crash?"
"Yes. And this kid." She pointed to Angelica.
"She was drunk. She was under influence."
"You..you killed my parents. I HAVE NOBODY." I yelled at Angelica. I pulled on Melody.
"Let's go."

We walked back to my apartment and I warmed up some leftover mac and cheese.
"I can't believe she did that." Melody said, picking up her spoon.
"I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault. I mean you barely knew her. She killed our families."
There was a knock on my door.
"Eli Trucker?"
"Yeah?"
Melody walked to the door.
"Who are you?"
"Melody, his girlfriend."
"Look I'm here for Eli. If you can leave."
"Sure." Melody pretended to kiss me but whispered, "I'll be in the lobby waiting."
I gave her a thumbs up.
"So Eli. You have been taken into consideration as a suspect."
"A suspect for what?"
"You'll find out."