1.1

(17, 71st Hunger Games)

I glide down the castle stairs just as Tro and Darius come running in with an unconscious girl in their arms. Pepper, from District 11.

"I guess we are down to the final six," Darius whispers.

"SILENCE!" I raise my voice, "You only speak when spoken to."

"Yes, Your Majesty," they say in unison, bowing their heads.

"Now, I see you've brought a tribute, but where is my food, Darius?" I ask, calmly.

"There is none. We couldn't identify the roots in the forest, all the animals were too quick and there was no food in the kitchen. I'm so-"

"You can shut up now," I ball my fists.

"Maybe I should have kept Alana around a little longer," I spit, "She is better than you two idiots."

"No, no!" Tro falls to the ground, bowing down to me, "P-please spare u-"

Suddenly I heard a small pinging noise from outside the castle. I wouldn't have been able to hear it if the door hadn't been opened.

"You, get off the floor, and see what it is," I spit at Tro.

Tro scrambles to his feat, and stumbles out the door. He came back a minute later with a massive sponsor parachute. He drops it to the floor in front of me and then moves to stand next to a still unconscious Pepper as well as Darius.

"Well, open it!" I exclaim, Tro bending over quickly to open it up.

Inside the the parachute was a banquet full of food that contained thick carrot soup, green salad, lamb chops as well as mashed potatoes, cheese along with fruit, chocolate cake, soup of pureed vegetables, fish cakes with creamy lime paste, small roasted birds filled with orange sauce in addition to wild rice together with watercress, and chocolate custard dotted with cherries. I am at a loss for words. I didn't even notice the note that was inside.

Eat up, 'Your Majesty', - FO

This 'FO' person again! Who were they?

"Alright, who knows most about cooking?" I ask.

Darius raises his free hand, the other gripping the waist of Pepper.

"Alright, Darius. You go prepare the feast. Tro, because you failed so miserably, you go find more tributes," I roll my eyes, making my way to the throne room, "But first, bring me the girl."

I walked down the hallway, my heels clicking on the marble floors. My eyes zeroed in on a room at the end of the corridor. The doors were wide open and I saw a massive throne sitting at the end of the room. It was made of solid gold but had a red, velvety cushion on top of it. Behind the royal chair, were huge windows that had a crimson curtain covering them. Even from the opposite side of the room, I could see the frost build up on the windows. I began to walk up the red carpet, my eyes trained on the seat of the throne. There sat a silver crown with dark jewels littered throughout it. Upon closer inspection, I noticed they were black diamonds. I picked up the tiara and placed it delicately on my head.

Yes, it was meant to be yours, the little voice in the back of my head said to me.

A great big smile stretched throughout my face, as I sat on the throne.

"You're right," I grin.

You were meant to sit here, it spoke again.

I crossed my legs, placing them on the arms of the royal chair. It felt right, this is where I was supposed to be. Ruling everyone.