The survivors inside the Rong City base went crazy with fear, screaming and hiding everywhere.

Wen Qingling: “…”

Wen Qingling: “I won’t kill you. Why are you so scared?”

Wen Qingling was very confused.

The leader of the Rong City base hurriedly arrived with his men. He was also afraid, but as the leader, he had to come forward.

The leader politely said, “Your, your display of power last time was too strong. Everyone is scared.”

Wen Qingling: “Oh.”

The leader had a forced smile on his face, looking stiff and unpleasant. “Do, do you have any business coming here this time?”

Wen Qingling: “Looking for someone.”

The leader immediately said, “Researcher Shao Fei, right?”

Wen Qingling nodded, “It’s him.”

The leader said, “Rest assured, he’s still alive. It’s just that our small base has limited conditions and no healers. The medicines we collected in Rong City aren’t very effective, and his wounds got infected.”

The leader had considered it before. These people had extraordinary identities. If one of them were left behind, and they remembered and came back to find them, but the person was already dead, the unlucky one would be the Rong City base. That’s why they made every effort to treat him. They couldn’t bear to use scarce anti-inflammatory drugs on a stranger.

The leader quickly had someone carry the barely alive Shao Fei out. However, after a day and night, Shao Fei had become noticeably thinner. His eyes were lifeless as he lay on the stretcher, staring straight at the person standing on the city wall.

When Wen Qingling jumped down, all the survivors were frightened and retreated.

Wen Qingling walked to Shao Fei’s side and looked down at him.

Driven by his instinct to survive, Shao Fei struggled to reach out and grabbed Wen Qingling’s pants. He knew he was on the verge of death, and only this person could save him. This person could even heal the infected. There was no reason he couldn’t save him.

“Save… save me…”

Wen Qingling bent down, grabbed Shao Fei’s clothes, lifted him up, and jumped over the city wall, disappearing from the sight of the survivors.

Someone nervously asked, “Will he… will he die?”

The leader wiped the cold sweat off his forehead. “Whether he lives or dies is no longer our concern. As long as we get rid of him, that’s enough. In this damn world, each person is scarier than the monsters. They’re no longer human.”

Shao Fei was startled by their conversation and passed out from the pain. When he woke up again, he found himself lying on the ground, with three decaying zombies standing in front of him. He screamed in terror and tried to escape but realized he couldn’t move.

His injuries were too severe. If Wen Qingling didn’t save him, he would die.

Thinking of Wen Qingling, Shao Fei hurriedly looked around and saw Wen Qingling sitting on top of the car, coldly watching him.

Wen Qingling: “Are you scared?”

Shao Fei was very scared. “Are you… are you going to let the zombies eat me?”

Shao Fei regretted it deeply. If he had known that Wen Qingling was so powerful, he wouldn’t have rashly tried to steal his backpack. Who could have expected that Yin Cheng was useless and couldn’t keep Wen Qingling alone, leading him to his current situation!