Chapter 37

The D Brothers' ill-advised decision to shoot at a giant whale resulted in a calamitous collision, knocking off Sheep's head in the process.

"My special seat!" yelled Luffy.

"Kick his ass, Luffy! No one messes with the special seat!" exclaimed Shiki, further influencing his brother.

Meanwhile, the rest of the crew rowed frantically, hoping to evade detection.

"I don't think it noticed us!" said Sanji.

"That doesn't matter! Just row as fast as you can!" urged Usopp.

As they passed the whale's eye unnoticed, Luffy's impulsive use of Gum Gum Pistol attracted unwanted attention.

"You idiot!" yelled everyone else.

"Come on!" urged Luffy.

"Shut up!" snapped Usopp, kicking Luffy.

Amidst the chaos, Luffy fell overboard, prompting Shiki's frantic cry.

Soon, they found themselves inside the whale, though the situation seemed surreal.

"Can someone please tell me what happened?" asked Sanji.

Uncertain of their predicament, they realized they were somehow outside the whale despite being swallowed.

"At least we're all right," remarked Usopp.

"But Luffy's missing," noted Shiki.

"Don't worry," reassured Nami, grasping Shiki's hand. "You know Luffy... there's no way he'll give up."

Shiki, taken aback by Nami's touch, shrugged it off and nodded in agreement.

"Hey, there's an island with a house," exclaimed Usopp.

Their relief was short-lived as a giant squid emerged from the water, swiftly dispatched by an unknown figure wielding spears, sending Nami and Usopp to the ground in fear.

"There's something living in that house," observed Shiki.

"I hope it's human," added Sanji.

As something emerged from the house, Shiki mistook it for a flower, only to realize it was a remarkably old man.

"He caught that squid like it was nothing!" exclaimed Usopp.

"Was he just fishing, or was he trying to save us?" wondered Sanji.

The man and Sanji exchanged a tense stare before the man unexpectedly began reading a newspaper in silence.

"Aren't you going to say something?" demanded Sanji.

"Are you looking for a fight? Because if you want one, I'm all in," declared Shiki.

The old man looked at them. "Forget it," he said. "Someone's going to die."

"Who would that be?" asked Sanji.

"Me," said the old man.

Sanji was about to punch the man, but Usopp held him back.

"Hey, who are you, and where are we?" asked Shiki.

"Isn't it polite to give your name first before you start asking questions?" said the old man.

"You're right... sorry," said Shiki.

"My name is Crocus. I'm the keeper of the Twin Capes Lighthouse. I'm 71, a Gemini, and my blood type is AB," said the old man named Crocus.

"That's it!" yelled Shiki, moving to attack the man.

"Shiki, calm down!" said Nami.

"Do you want to know where this is? You dare invade my personal resort and order me around like a bunch of big shots. Where do you think we are, the belly of a mouse?" said Crocus.