History and Choices that Shape It.

Mickey begins explaining."In my homeworld, we have a group. That is called the Beagle Boys. They committed various crimes."

Sirius asks."What kind of crimes? And what are their numbers?"

Mickey says."Nobody knows their numbers. But It could be anywhere from six to a dozen. As for the crimes. Forgery, Kidnapping, Theft, Robbery, Assault, Blackmail, etc."

Sora asks."What about local Law Enforcement?" Mickey says."The police always seem to be a step behind." Sora continues asking."Why did you choose to travel to the outside world? And how did you get here?"

Mickey says."My friends and others started to disappear a few weeks ago. So, I went to the cornerstone of light and prayed for help. The next thing I knew was waking up here."

Sirius says."I guess something must have gone wrong judging by your injuries." Sora adds."It also explains the gaps in your memories. And the condition in which we found you lying on the beach."

Mickey asks."Are you both in Law enforcement?" Sora says."Sirius has been a cop for the last five years. Sirius is also a war veteran. As for me, Im a sorcerer's apprentice."

Mickey's eyes widen, and he asks."You have Magic?" Sirius says."We both do. Both me and Sora. Come from a long line of Wizards and Witches."

Mickey asks."So you are related to each other? Sirius says."Me and Sora's dad were second cousins. We were also best friends."

Sora adds."When my parents died, Sirius became my dad in all but blood."

Sirius says."From your story, Mickey. I can conclude that someone in your government seems to be protecting these lowlifes." Mickey asks."Why do you say that?"

Sora replies."It would explain why they always seem to be one step ahead of things." Mickey asks."Why would someone do that?"

Sirius says."Some forms of crime are lucrative. So mabye they take a cut of the proceeds." Sora adds."Mabye they could be related somehow."

Mickey asks."Even if they are related, Why would a government official help criminals?" Sirius says."Having a criminal in the family could end any chance at political office."

Sora adds."Political Power A lot of times brings out the worst in people." Mickey says sadly."Golly, It seems things are worse than I thought."

Sora asks."Sirius, can you take a list of missing people? I have enough information to present to Masters Merlin and Yensid."

Sirius nods and says."I will take him to the mess hall. After we finish up here."

A bit later. In the main chamber.

Sora finishes explaining. "And that seems to be the situation." Merlin says to Riku and Kairi."Why dont we head to the mess hall? It's time for a break."

The three of them head towards the mess hall. And not much later, Sirius walks in and says."Mickey has joined the others."

Yensid says."Good, I want to hear your perspective on things as well." Yensid turns towards Sora and asks."What do you think Sora?"

Sora replies."I want to help them master. And it's worth investigating that world. It may very well be connected. To your wayward friend. But I am worried about their numbers."

Yensid says."I see. The cornerstone of light is very old and powerful Light Magic. What about you, Sirius? Where do you land on all of this?"

Sirius says."I agree with Sora. This situation could be an opportunity as well. Even if we dont gain any new members or students. We can still make allies."

Yensid says."My mind was leaning towards that as well. I will also check with Merlin. See how he feels about all of this."

Sora asks."Mabye we need to consult with Master Eraqus? I understand that they are busy with the upcoming exams. But If Mickey is here. Who says others did not venture out as well."

Yensid says."What I could gather from his story, That does not seem likely."

Sirius says."He is what we call in law enforcement an unreliable witness. He is missing parts of his memories."

Sora thinks and says."Why dont we look for clues first and then decide to involve Master Eraqus or not?"

Yensid says."I agree. If we must disturb them, Let's have something concrete."

Sora says."There is one problem, though. Riku and Kairi will want to come with us. But if the situation is as problematic as Mickey says it is." Yensid says."Then they would be in the way they lack Both Sirius and your training."

Sirius says."So they will stay here. problem solved." Sora says."I promised that I Would explore the outside world with them."

Yensid says."Why not take them with you for the information gathering? And if it becomes dangerous, send them back."

Sirius says."Very Well, But make it clear to them they will do everything either Sora, Me, or Merlin tells them to do. And Any problem they create will stop any excursions for the foreseeable future."

Sora says."That sounds fair." Yensid adds."Agreed." Sirius says."So Lunch?"

In the mess hall, moments later.

Sora asks Mickey."Mickey, Can you tell us more about your home world?" Mickey says."Sure thing, Pal. Well, my world is called the timeless river. I live together with my best pals, Donald and Goofy.

We work for a guy called Pete on a steamboat. He is cranky, but he does pay a fair wage. And my and my pals have all sorts of wacky adventures together."

Kairi says."That sounds wonderful." Riku asks."What kind of place is it?" Mickey says."It's more populated than your world. And we might be more technologically advanced."

Sirius says."Your technology might be similar to our homeworld." Mickey asks."So you and Sora are not from around here either?"

Merlin says."Our homeworld has been a two-for-one kind of world for a long time. A magical world and a non-magical world." Mickey asks."Why split the world in two?"

Sirius says."Things were always tense between the two groups. But a few hundred years ago. We had a choice. War between us and the non-magicals. Or build a place away from them."

Riku asks."Should they not have changed their minds by now?" Merlin replies."They are not the only ones guilty of the situation. Ignorance existed on both sides."

Sora says."In the last fifty years, two wizard warlords wanted to dominate or exterminate the non-magicals." Kairi asks."But why?" Yensid replies."Ignorance, Greed, and Hatred are terrible advisors."

Mickey says."It seems my world is not the only one with Problems." Sora says."Well. It's up to us to make a better world."

End of Chapter.