"Alright we can do that." Dr. Bailey tells me with a look of approval before sending George out to the hall.

"What is this?" Izzie asks with a look of amusement on her face.

"Nasty naughty nurses...four." Marie says before Cristina, Izzie and I all stare at the tv, tilting our heads to the side.

"That does not look comfortable." Cristina tells me.

"Trust me it's not."

"Get in the hall!" Dr. Bailey shouts before the four of us headed out to the hall. We all walked over to a nurses' station before Dr. Bailey turned to face us.

"Clarissa. Karev. You're in the Pit today. O'Malley there's a cardiac patient waiting up for you on two. Yang keep an eye on the Lamotts. I don't want any problems. Go." Dr. Bailey says before everyone else leaves except for Izzie, Dr. Bailey and I.

"Grey, your mother's being discharged this evening. You've made arrangements or do you need more time?" Dr. Bailey asks me.

"The nursing home is coming at eight."

"All right then you're with Dr. Crowe today. She requested you or Clarissa, but since you haven't had that much time on neuro I chose you." Dr. Bailey tells me.

"What about me?" Izzie asks Dr. Bailey, who smirks at her.

"Oh Stevens, you're on rectal exams." Dr. Bailey tells Izzie, who glares at her while stomping her feet.

"Why aren't you making the retarded whore do it?! She must know plenty about butt stuff after all she's nothing but a whore! Besides she left and shouldn't be rewarded for that when the rest of us would have gotten scut for doing the same thing!" Izzie shouts.

"Clarissa never complains about doing scut and gladly does it with a smile on her face. She does scut because I ask her to do it and she knows the value of it. She never complains about who's she's working with or the cases she's on. That's why when she does ask me for something, I'm willing to it." Dr. Bailey tells us before leaving us and I proceeded to flip Izzie off.

"Kindly go fuck yourself Izzie."

***********************

Clarissa's POV

Alex and I were in the Pit where several police officers were standing outside the room. The ER resident, Elias Perry walked over to us and hands me the patient's chart..

"Pete Willoughby. Twenty-five years old. GSW to the chest. Immediate return of 860 CCs of blood from the chest." Elias tells us while Pete begins moaning in pain.

"Oh Man! This hurts. They never tell you in the movies how much it hurts to get shot." Pete moans.

"He's put out more than 200 CCs in the past hour." Elias tells us and I decided to make a move.

"Morphine 5mg. Where are his chest films?" Elias hands me the films and I can see that we need to get Pete to surgery.

"Page Dr. Burke. Let him know we're bringing up a GSW." Alex says as the two of us bring Pete to the elevator.

"You got shot in the line of duty?"

"First night on the job. Can you believe my luck? A guy pulls a gun and I freeze up. The rookie let himself get shot. I'm never going to live this down." Pete tells us but I can tell that it's getting difficult for him to breathe.

"Sure you will."

"You think?" Pete asks me.

"Absolutely. You are a hero and if you did not get shot, someone else would have. Thank you for your brave Officer Willoughby. I am Dr. Clarissa Grey-Montgomery and this is my big brother Dr. Alex Karev." Alex and I both look at each other with a smile on our faces.

"My sister's right. You're a hero." Alex tells Pete, who smiles at us.

************************

Amelia's POV

"Hey Mer. Virginia's waiting for us in Anna Chue's room." Meredith nods before the two of us begin walking to the patient's room.

"Sorry for being late, but I had to tear Izzie a new one. There's a man who uses pornography to relieve his pain since he's allergic to pain medication. Clarissa asked if she could step out of the room and Bailey said it was fine. Basically Izzie called her a whore and said she should be doing rectal exams. Clarissa has been doing scut and rectal exams on the days that she's the only one working with Olivia staying in the room with her." Meredith tells me and I give her a smile.

"It's fine that you're late. Virginia knows that you might have been late. Remind me to kick the bitch's ass." Meredith laughs as the two of us entered Anna Chue's hospital room. Her parents, Francois and Marie Chue were sitting by her bedside, holding onto her hands.

"I've had a twinge in my back for a little while. I thought it would go away. But then last night my legs went numb and this morning my back pain is just too much." Anna explains to us while Meredith examines her.

"Miss Chue. We're going to put you on a PCA pump. Give you some morphine which should help control the pain. But there's a greater problem here. I've just taken a look at your MRI and it shows that you has myxopapillary ependymoma. It's a tumour in her spinal canal. But the good news is we can operate. You have a 95% chance of fully recovering if we get you into surgery as soon as possible. We can't wait another moment. With a tumour this aggressive even waiting another day puts you at risk of permanent paralysis." Virginia explains to them.

"No. No surgery." Francois tells us.

"Mr. Chue without surgery Anna will be paralyzed probably within the next twenty-four hours."

"I am Hmong and my father is the elder. He says I go home, I go home." Anna explains to us.

"What is your custom for if someone's having surgery, Mr. Chue? I will do anything to help your daughter and if abiding by those customs helps her, then so be it." Virginia explains to Mr. Chue.

"Can you get our shaman here?" Mrs. Chue asks us.

"Mr. Chue, come with me to make the call and I'll get him here in the next few hours." Virginia tells the man before they leave and I give Anna a smile.

"Dr. Crowe will make sure this happens."

"She's one of the best surgeons here and we're lucky to be learning from her." Meredith adds on before the two of us leave the room.